Lowering thc by simply Heating to convert to CBN or anything else ? What temperature found?

Greetings friends !

i seen few times, even with graph ,
how thca first turns to thc when heating ,
and then thc lowers and lowers coverting to anything else

what is lowest or optimum temperature for this thc lowering to keep the Herbal extract Natural, Whole and nearly Raw ???
while Not harming the Healing oils

in vacuum ?
not in vacuum ?

what have you found and tried for sure ?

Thank you for replying to the question
can we figure this out together ?
for everyone

simply to lower to around half percent from 2 percent can be enough and Needed !
gently heating only
( no filtering or refining, etc. )

keeping the Herbal Extract Natural, Whole and Raw

here is a graph ( this is probably Not in vacuum, so can be much cooler in vacuum )

1 Like

No, in a vacuum will not lower your Decarb or degradation temps.

in fact, removing O2 is actually going to raise the oxidation temp…

What is your starting material and what are you trying to achieve?!?

Ozone generator anyone?

Couldn’t you just set on a hotplate at a certain temp, stirring it, and just letting it sit while at 250F

2 Likes

Wanna convert a low amount of thc to cbn and get to compliant levels???

Take a boiling flask with a stir bar or a reactor, load your oil and set temps to 130-140c and stir max speed, make a gas trap on the outlet to trap the gases escaping and seal the boiling flask and let it run while testing every couple of hours.

Heres some data… this was samples taken ever hour for 8 hours.

CBNconversion11.25-no.1.pdf (17.0 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.2.pdf (16.9 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.3.pdf (17.1 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.4.pdf (17.2 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.5.pdf (17.3 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.6.pdf (17.0 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.7.pdf (17.1 KB) CBNconversion11.25-no.8.pdf (17.2 KB)

The starting material was mother liquor from making cbd isolate.
65.5% cbd
1.3% cbg
1.4% cbn
4.5% cbc
7.9% thc

Retention times are as follows
CBD 5.3
CBG 5.0
CBN 8.3
THC D9 10.9
CBC 14.25

Watch the cbn go up and the thc go down. ’

STUPID simple, However I would recommend some cleanup afterwards though.

11 Likes

that is what i was talking about

can you simply tell how long does Hemp oil need to be heated at 130 celcius to lower thc from about 2.5 percent to about half percent ?
what about 0.3 percent thc ?
and about 0.7 percent thc ?

from graph i showed you, much lower temperature can be used without vacuum for this ,
in graph there is only 121 celcius enough

has anyone tried this hot ?
what about lower temperature ?
what about in vacuum ?

i have no idea what is on those pdf pictures though

1 Like

from this graph at 121 celcius ,
how long will take to lower from 2.5 percent thc to about half percent ?

does anyone want to do this math ?

i sure do not !

how is 120 celcius damaging to every Healing oil cannabinoid in Hemp oil ?
like cbd, and others ?

if kept for one hour ,
one and half hour ,
two hours ?

or any other timing for temperature about 120 celius ? ( 250 F )

what have you heard ?

I’d recommend you give it shot and find out for yourself.

Do the run at 120c and take a sample every hour, keep every sample separate and send then all in for testing.

If you wanna get more info do one one with vacuum and one without to compare the differences.

3 Likes

I recomend a sample every 4 hours it tikes more than 24 to get where you wish

1 Like

let us not overheat Hemp oil . - harmful for the Healing oils and extract

What have you heard can be done at home with simple tools to keep the Herbal extract Natural, Whole and very close to Raw and Alive
while lowering thc only a little bit

for Raw Hemp oil

maybe from two percent to half percent ???

in the lowest temperature possible ,
vacuum is available, no fancy equipment - simple things at hand nearby

no heating above about one hundred Celcius degrees !
Cool, low temperature should be for this

I dont think you are going to be remediating thc at home very easily. especially if you want to stay under degradation temps.

if your goal is low temp thc remediation you will need to go with chromatography.

3 Likes

Hey man! Thanks for that that is actually an experiment I have wanted to run myself but didn’t want to pay for testing a few different results!

Great info!

1 Like

You are very welcome. glad it can be of help.

2 Likes

Good Morning ! What are you Feeling today ?

also, for what you talked about

what temperature did you heat oil to ?

and i saw you saying what you started with ( percent of cbd, cbg, etc. )

can you tell like this so i can understand what you had after one hours, two hours and three hours ?
how long did you heat for ? and was at end ?
from you found and understand - what Healing oils were harmed or disapeared in this overheating ?

I’m feeling the same today as i was yesterday. a little hot though since ive been on the labs roof all morning.

Please go back and read my post.

Did you read my post in depth? it has test results for every hour the experiment was ran, Its practically a spoon fed answer with analytics to back it up and show you exactly whats happening.

I did not take the time to give potency results for each test but you can clearly see the chromatograms changing each test and the retention times are listed for the major cannabinoids so you can get every answer you need if YOU do a little work yourself.

If you want to use my results to save you time and money i suggest you spend a bit of time digging into those results and figuring out whats happening and then asking more prudent questions that i havent already answered.

8 Likes