Experiences with Luna Technologies

Wait til you see whats going on in my lab. lets just say we upgraded our luna chillers to two larger units that can run the luna IO skid and a second unreleased skid…

20 Likes

XD I see you building quite the big time. Appreciate you also testing friends product. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m always down to help the homies any way i can!

8 Likes

I know. Got two close friends who continue your praise in private. Must be doing something right dude. It’s cool to hear good things about people in real life.

7 Likes

Stoked to hear that! just trying to share my blessings with the world and help people how i wished i could have been helped!

Doing good feels good ya know!

Stoked to see you in a lab crushing it!! long overdue!

10 Likes

Should have bought a Lamborghini and a bzb

2 Likes

Luna was only 70k more than a comparable throughput BZB with less powerful chillers. It was an pretty easy choice to make when you are building a mids factory.

I’m not interested in a 70k lambo at all.

6 Likes

Have you ran the Luna yet and done yield calculations?

1 Like

I hated our luna ran it for over a year. we had 5 valves break on the commissioning. Could not come close to the yields we were getting on our previous machine unless we did 4 cycles and took 3 hours to do a run. We were told this was because we wanted to do crc and the system wasn’t designed to use it. This was upsetting because they knew we ran crc before purchase and was told it was not an issue and they had their own special crc column. Turns out it was a 3"spool with a 5um filter gasket pretty far from a real crc column. Also after purchase were told to get the throughput they list you have to run hot butane, stupid hot recovery and not worry if you leave behind 3% yield. One I modified it to be a top fill machine and opperate on n2 we got our throughput to double but for the longest time it was a struggle. . BTW the data capturing never worked, could not control the chillers via the pannel. The one thing that was solid about the machine is what ever temp you wanted to run at you could run at that temp. If you set for -80 they would overshoot and sometimes be as cold a -106. We found setting the condensing chiller to -60 allowed for the fastest recovery.

I still talk to jack from time to time and feel like they had the right idea when making the luna just fallen a bit short on what its actually capable of doing.

11 Likes

Jack made every customer do r&d for him

I deplore this biz model. I find it to be unethical at best and just fraud at the worst.

Hopefully the new model uses that Info and can deliver on the promises they made on the first one

I feel like the volumetrics are wrong

Reactor is too wide and collection is too small.

The way the thing pulled vac sucked up oil, valves always breaking and the rats nest of piping with weird angles made stuff impossible to swage

I liked running it from my phone though. Wish that feature was on a decent extraction platform.

10 Likes

oh shit we had similar experiences yet I was told we were the only lab facing these issues. I had to call other people to find out we all were sold a dream.

12 Likes

I’ve seen a handful run now but haven’t ran one in my lab yet. I’ll do plenty of calcs once its running and share with everyone.

I’m not gonna sit here and claim its something its not but I have heard a few horror stories, and a handful of great stories of them meeting the numbers they claim or very close to it.

It seems they have come a long ways since your skid, wasnt it their third one ever made? I think they have made 15+ now (not positive) and i have seen quite a few revisions done on their IO system itself and now their newer skid to be released with a higher throughput, different style of recovery etc etc. I’m not sure how much i can share, but i can say you’ll see it at MJbizcon.

Their components all seem to be high quality and their electrical box and controls are some of the best work i have ever seen in a control panel.

@johnbigoilco any idea what brand or model those valves were? i wonder if they have upgraded them yet.

4 Likes

yea they were the hamlet valves. Same ones they been using. Their PLC came wired incorrectly and I had to spend a week working with their electrical engineer Michael to fix the issues. Just because the box looks neat doesn’t mean they understand what is going on in there. So many issues with level sensors, and most of their 24v controls. The system even with their packer at best fit 12 lbs of trim and anything over that would seriously effect the yield. They claim 20 lbs per run and 50 min run times. You will not make fire with those parameters. You can make mids quickly tho.

5 Likes

Yeah the claims of what they said you could put into the tube were funny but everyone Lies about this really. They are just keeping up with the kardashians

The design of the layout and where they had sensors placed was weird and took lots of tinkering to get it right and lots of calls to Jack and kyler to fix code for parameters I couldn’t adjust.

At the end of the day you still needed my 6 figure ass running it which kind of crushes their sales pitch of having former burger flippers simply push a button to make top shelf dabs

4 Likes

The 3rd skid they made me was the exact same as what they have been selling

Hopefully their new skid has lots of improvements.

The only question is where are you going to sell your old skid so you can buy the new one if nobody wants it because they have the new one out that actually works

Not to mention figuring out the technical support for such a support laden item on a used purchase

1 Like

Is this thread about a rotary diamond miner or a what’s shitty about Luna extractors thread.

I can cut this one up and leave both in the open forum as it seems both are great topics.

5 Likes

The amount of time is spent of the phone trying to fix stuff only they could control on the back end was seriously frustrating. I did figure out if you logged into their system via vpn you could now control the process remotely instead of having to be on the same wifi. That helped me be able to troubleshoot remotely.

@Killa12345 yea this got super derailed my a.d.d doesn’t help. Back to rotary diamond miner, sounds super cool would love to see it in action!

4 Likes

I highly doubt that since my skid changed from the time i ordered it to the time i received it. including the electrical and mechanical drawings and some components, i have seen the skid you used to run in Eugene and its different than what i currently have.

Thats not really a concern at all for me as i have the choice to keep the larger skid and give back the IO if we decide we want the new unit.

Our agreement has us not doing any of the R&D whatsoever and jack and his team would perform all the r&d on their new skid.

I guess time will tell and we’ll see how it plays out, i personally have a great feeling about our relationship with Luna and i feel they will take care of us and we have already been taken care of very well by them in this process.

@Killa12345 lets split it so we can keep a luna thread going. I’d love to track my progress with the project and share with the forum my experience.

4 Likes

There you guys go… have fun! i like lunas designs just heard a few horror stories

5 Likes

Thanks for the split.

1 Like