Beginning Extraction

I want to start extracting. I believe a good place to start for me would be BHO or pressing rosin. Does anyone have any suggestions for a beginner who has never had any experience with extracting? Where should I start, what equipment will I need and what is the process?

1 Like

Definitely start with pressing rosin.

6 Likes

Or just read (and read some more) until you feel comfortable with running a cls.

I never did rosin.

7 Likes

In all honesty isn’t this the problem?

At least pressing rosin no one’s going to explode :joy:

6 Likes

one of those could kill you, and is a felony charge without a license even in rec states.

start with squish. or etoh.

maybe start here: Rosin Info

9 Likes

Atleast with a cls I’m not smoking rosin :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I’m not pro-rosin. I’m pro-person not dying.

4 Likes

which is why we have Winterizing rosin

I guess if you put it that way, I’m pro natural selection.

2 Likes

I have a natural selection of dabs for you to try…

4 Likes

Ya not trying to die I’ve seen a few people in my area blow up their homes but if there’s a safer way of doing it, maybe outside I can do that.

When an apartment fire spreads and kills 8 people; is that also natural selection?

3 Likes

Well, I would never recommend running a closed loop in an apartment.

Maybe the op can give some more info on his exact situation!

I operate my cls In an open wood shed, detached from my residence. Lol

Shed tek

2 Likes

start with squish.

learn to winterize.
and Why do you need to Winterize?

then try ethanol. maybe Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

understand that you can extract with ethanol in a CLS usually used for hydrocarbons, and if you can wrap your head around that you might be ready to go play outside with your pipe bomb.

3 Likes

This.

2 Likes

Im located in Palm Springs CA there is lots of open desert land here and I live in a house with a backyard. I’m willing to spend around 5-10,000 to get started.

Yeah but that’s my point right, no offense to op or anything, but this posting has very little effort anywhere. No parameters, no budget, no nothing; just i kinda think i might want BHO or rosin; two radically different things, what do you guys think?

At least, that is how i interpreted it. With that in mind, i suggest pressed rosin. House, apartment, cardboard box in an alley, your chances of dying are next to nil. BHO not so much; especially when considering a recommendation to someone with as little effort into the question as is here. (Again, no offense intended)

3 Likes

Look at the info provided above, if that’s not enough ill tell you more I just don’t know what you need to know… I am very new to extracting.

Pay @Apothecary36

Or read for 6 months and then come back with actual questions.

Or make rosin.

Choice is yours.

5 Likes

Ennie meeny miny moe
Rosin press? or BHO?

some of them can kill you though…

which one got Horatio?

8 Likes