Beginning Extraction

I mean this in a very earnest and non-condensing way, and I understand it will not come off that way.

Do you believe you have done enough research, on your own, regarding the two subjects, that you have exhausted the available information and are now ready to bring your questions to members for their assistance?

Let’s start here: Why did you choose BHO and pressed rosin as your first two methods for extraction? Off the top of your head, what are the pro’s and con’s of each method, as you understand them?

1 Like

I have done research on my own, but, no not enough, I don’t think I will ever be able to exhaust all the information. There is so much information on the internet about the two. I chose BHO and Rosin Pressing only because those are the two extractions I know enough about to preform confidently. I know that BHO is the more dangerous of the two and commonly known for lower quality finished product those would be the cons. As far as pros I only see one and I’m not completely sure about it I believe it results in a higher yield. Rosin pressing is safer, better product but lower yielding. Please let me know what I’m missing I appreciate all information thank you.

Completely unrelated, I thought it was funny we jointed 11 days apart.

I’m confused by your statements.

3 Likes

The first part is true. I personally disagree with the second portion of that statement.

And I agree with @tokesandtinkery last comment…

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree.

My preference is cryo ethanol.

1 Like

To clear up the confusion… I know that rosin pressing is simple and so is blasting BHO. I don’t know anywhere close to enough information about other methods to preform them.

Dude…

1 Like

I agree with your assessment, it is also safe and relatively fool proof.

I cannot agree with your assessment.

3 Likes

Thank you for the constructive criticism I will take your advice start with rosin and continue reading until I’m ready to progress.

Read readd read…u coukd extract w dry ice cold ethanol no cls
Then read more about cls and read even more then or pay some one like me something cheap and I’ll hold ur hand through it all

in the meantime go play w ur gf hair straightener to find out why u don’t like rosin
all though a fire jar cured rosin is good

1 Like

Thank you, I will probably end up paying someone like you to spoon fead me as I have no close friends in the extraction field that I can trust to help.

1 Like

@Apothecary36 got those $250 consults all day…

1 Like

We are more than happy to help you, i believe your first step is to identify, at a high level, what each process looks like, start to finish.

I’ll give you an example, and I’d ask you provide the same, with some research you’ll need to do I’m sure, for BHO.

Pressing rosin high level SOP:

1. Weigh that shit, 10g for my pre-press
  2. Pre-press that shit, 10g pre-press for 2x4 inch bags and a 1/2 ton arbor to make the puck.
  3. Place pre-pressed puck into rosin bag, micron of your preference, 25 for me.
  4. Pre-heat press, I set to 220F for my setup.
  5. Setup press, layer top to bottom between heating plates: silicone mat, rosin bag with pre-pressed puck, silicone mat
  6. Ensure valve is closed, and crank the plates until contact.
  7. Slowly increase pressure on plates and material. I like to do a couple cranks a minute until the material is nice and warm.
  8. Repeat this process until puck is fully pressed.
  9. Place discarded puck in reclaim jar for future extraction.
  10. Remove material from silicone mats via metal scraper or equivalent tool, store in glass.

I wrote that up from memory, I don’t expect you could do the same. I do expect you research until you can outline the process, start to finish, at a high level.

2 Likes

Tree fifty here nah 250 and we will troll through the park all day holding hands

who said we ain’t verified consultants. I verified apothecary and he for me

3 Likes

@VerifiedConsultant is the only real consultant here.

3 Likes

idk according to this is future only,

I couldn’t help my self

They can all kill you if you are improper in your handling of the solvents and/or do not have respect for their chemical properties (I. E. Remembering that if you put a heat gun up to some freshly poured up non purged full solvent laden poop soup near an extractor it’ll go up in flames.).

2 Likes

@Gsmoke619 There are literally hundreds of videos on youtube that provide enough detail to formulate more legit questions than

“there is no such thing as a dumb question” can be a lazy man’s rationale

Is Brett maverick out of his fucking mind?

YouTube’s Best

2 Likes