Rosin Info

hi guys in the next 3 wks i’ll be making a big purchase for a rosin press going to go with the low temp all in 1 set up with hand pump & some other goodies from rosin evolution, plus a 30x60 metal work table.

so was curious if anyone would like to share what you are Pressing Flower at? temp and for how long? i will only be doing flower only for now. high micron bags i here work best for flower?
and i see a lot of pulling & twisting, what’s this for? and for storage of rosin? room temp or fridge?

1 Like

I usually do 80-85c. Give it from 5-9 tons. Its really easy to overpress, theres a fine balance between getting just the goodies and getting unwanteds out. Yes bigger microns work better for flower. I prefer no agitation but a lot of people whip it for a creamy look.

1 Like

There’s gonna be some variables to play around with but its pretty easy to grasp, when i was pressing i moved from flower to hash very quickly, In terms of getting a better rosin quality/yeild.

For my tek on squishing
Id perfer if the product i was working with to be frozen, cured or fresh

36u (for hash) 90u (for flower)micron bags (doubled for less chance of blowout)

Temp press set at 110° - 190° with 550 to 1,600 psi 1-3 minutes (variable,)
Depending on what im pressing and desired end product consistency.

As for The turning and twisting. That causes agitation which will give the extract a tendency to budder up.
:beers:

2 Likes

Tip- relative humidity is a big factor for flower rosin in yeild and color, the “fresher” or hydrated the flower the better chance for a good looking extract in the end 40-62%rh should be perfect depending on materials.

How do hydrate the flower?

so when you do your flower in 90u micron bags, you double that up for blowouts? do you go up in psi every 1 minute?

Agitation thats what its called, thanks…

Use a boveda pack, banana peel, piece of apple. Anything to re hydrate your dry buds before squishing.

@Dee correct once done filling, ill put the micron bag with hash in another bag to prevent blowouts.
As for the application of pressure thats something you’ll have to play around with…for me i slowly apply pressure till I start to see the oil come out the bag. Then i start applying the real pressure for the squish.
But as stated before thats something you will have to play with. Its all depending on the press

1 Like

is there any good sites i can read up on for more info on rosin and etc?

is there a PSI chart to pounds on here?
if anyone knows of a good chart, please post a link thank you guys and what’s the best site to read up on PSI and how to really understand them? sorry for all the questions. :+1:

I googled for a pound to PSI chart, but not sure what is a decent chart to pick.
trying to figure out psi…

I use an app called convert pad. I use this for everything.

1 Like

Just downloaded it, but I have no clue how to use it or what category do I need to be in, cause I do not understand psi

Pounds per square inch is what iT stands for
IT s a pressure meassurment

5 Likes

So 10 psi is ten pounds If pressure on every square inch

3 Likes

@Demontrich help @Dee out because i don t have. The app :pray::grinning:

2 Likes

Go to “play store” on an android phone

Type in “convert pad”

Download to phone

Open up and run it

It’s like a scientific calculator and much much more.

Easy peasy

I dont know how to screen shot

1 Like

ok im am lost on this app
For Category what should i put?
for unit selection? what do i put? i dont see anything with iT

1 Like

Top catagory “Pressure”

Scroll down and look for “lbf/in2”

Put in your value to the right

1 Like

i put in 20, i get 20 back I don’t understand this.

@Demontrich

Any spoons laying around on Rosin buddy? Maybe a please? I tried to bring all the info I was short on and maybe need couple spoons? But only small spoons no large ones

I mean come on it’s rosin, I’m def not making anything off this just personal goal. I have the idea of light press at about 160f for about 3-6 min from light reading
. I have bud and I’ll be dry ice sifted kief to try. It’ll be epic fail I’m sure.

I’m really concerned on how to understand what all the buttons do and mean. Reminds me of my temp controller for my cart filler that I really don’t know how to use yet either

I have the press club 120micron bags and parchment paper.