Rosin Info

You need 25iu bags to press in. I used to press rosin 4yrs or so ago.

5g bucket
5g bubble hash bag 160iu
Dry ice
Trim
Big ass mirror

Shake all the blonde
Scrape aside

Shake another min, it will start to get light green. Stop after that.

Scoop kief, load bags. I did 5.5g presses w/o blowouts

Low temp for tastier rosin, but gooey consistency
Higher temp, more shatter like/stable, less taste

I squished 1min at just barely squeezed. Full press for 1.5mins. Release. New parchment, and fold over baggie. Press full for 1min.

@cyclopath
He posted the new and improved spork spoon the other day. Lmao

Sporky from toy story 4 may be my new spoon to go-to

4 Likes

Question, can some one help, i have a friend that has fresh frozen product,
never done it this way, since its fresh frozen flower, I would have to wash it right?
Can’t press fresh frozen.

Pure Pressure has a lot of good info on their page​:droplet::ocean:

You are right. Can’t press fresh plant material as it typically has far too much moisture to yield a clean product.
Fresh frozen flower intended for pressing (aka live rosin) should be, if not already, freeze-dried, then dry sifted to collect and press only the kief (trichromes) while discarding the rest of the plant matter… Such an extract will very closely resemble the original terpene profile and also avoids picking up undesirable plant compounds.

“Washing” fresh harvested plant should (ideally) be done right after being cut down and as a 5-minute bath in 5% H2O2 solution. In most cases you need not wash the plant material before doing an extraction on it.

3 Likes

H2O2 What is the purpose of this? It’s acidic nature helps with wash process?

1 Like

H2o2 and a citrus wash is what most OD growers utilize to wash off bugs, poop, debro3s, n what not before drying

3 Likes

@Demontrich that is the only purpose though just to clean material? Doesn’t assist with head removal

1 Like

No
H2o2 and citrus is just to clean pre trim and dry. This is od trimming 101.

That gets rid of most all nasties you dont want in your bud

4 Likes

What’s H2o2? Water and?

Hydrogen peroxide.

https://www.quora.com/Two-men-walk-into-a-restaurant-One-man-orders-H2O-The-second-man-says-“I-will-have-H2O-too-”-The-second-man-dies-Why

And no, he did not choke on the spoon :rofl:

7 Likes

Who’s mans is this?

2 Likes

I brought it up as that was the only form of “washing” for cannabis biomass that I am aware of that is common to growers. As far as extraction technicians go that would not likely be done - I have not done it as an amateur extractor of a few years experience. I can imagine some exceptional cases where the batch has to be pre-treated before extraction against something that got the biomass “dirty” - likely with something from the growing environment, some chemical or maybe dirt or other non-cannabis biotics.

The “h202 washing” I mentioned should be something that the grower/harvester would do, if at all, before the extractor gets it. If you suspect your biosmass is dirty enough that you would not smoke it when properly dried/cured then I would suggest “h202 wash” and followed up with sufficient drying and then sifting out trichromes. Otherwise, dry it and sift it for trichromes.

A known vector for pressing fresh flower is dry->sift->press. If you meant “washing” as in washing with solvent to pick up the goodies (cannabinoids+terpenes) then that would be an option but it would make pressing it a bit challenging - however depending on your lab setup you could produce a myriad of other end products from a solvent wash extract.

1 Like