Prior art dumping grounds

I’m using this thread to preserve ideas and protect them from patents, feel free to use this dumping ground to do the same

this is an incomplete render, the concept is a head for refining volatiles(terps, HTE)

the idea is that this head collects multiple fractions and utilizes independently heated/cooled sections and condensers to adjust flow rates, materials collected/rejected, etc. Bubble plates/vigreaux can be added/adjusted as needed

Ideally, I would create multiple perforations in the plates so I can use multiple thermoprobes to monitor each section individually

25 Likes

That’s dope, totally functional art. Sell that shit in the metaverse as a side project.

1 Like

Which one is the carb?

Kidding. Great work!

5 Likes

Fractional distillation tower. The petro world mastered this type of processing. They are harder to design when boiling points are so close to each other.

You should look into how reflux is done on top these systems

2 Likes

same concept more or less. applying it to terpenes/cannabis hte might be considered novel

2 Likes

This man is inverse-patent trolling!! :joy::rofl:

@Dred_pirate you better pay him well before I steal him for the raw spite energy

9 Likes

Hell yeah Bro that looks righteous

1 Like

It will be difficult but not impossible to design.

Have you seen this system?

Armfield Distillation Column

It look likes your missing weirs and downcomers on the plates?

1 Like

had an idea about modifying an algae centrifuge to handle reactor scale crystallization

3 Likes

these are really just kinda placeholders as they’re probably too restrictive as is, but I changed it a bit

2 Likes

materialcolumnlinerforpacking.pdf (117.8 KB)

had an idea for an ironfist style packing system that wouldn’t require removing columns, this would use a sleeve to fit inside the material column and have a plate at the bottom to pack on to/use to extrude the spent biomass

3 Likes

Shotgun condenser

9 Likes

had an idea about a pod based around existing 510 hardware, with a threaded adapter to fit standard stick batteries. Could work natively with the magnetic style batteries that are currently out - uni pro etc, or a new pod battery entirely

edit: I guess it’s kind of an airopro adapter lol

2 Likes

What a great and honorable thread idea. Bookmarking this.

I have some synthetic chem ideas I might share. But honestly if I file a patent on anything it’s to get the corporate fuckboys to pay me for my synthetic process, and I wouldn’t enforce it against the average Joe. As we all know, synthetic methods patents are basically “how-tos” for the underground, and I would be most honored if an underground chemist were using any patents I file to make their own medicines.

5 Likes

Ideas for material columns using 300 series flanges, capable of holding roughly 45 and 200ish # dry respectivly

2m tall, 10" nominal and 300 series 316 flanges, 1" swagelok liquid/nitrogen/vapor push lines

1 Like

If you put the coil in the 510 base, you can try the same experiments that i did in 2019 that had me giving up and using glass carts instead

I’ve wanted a solid method for providing the end user with a decent “I’d like extract from that flower” in the dispensary (or at home) for almost as long as I’ve been in the business (and as a medical patient I was making my own before I got into “the biz”).

flower squish looked promising for a sec or two.
as did espresso machines, and itty bitty CO2.

vapor static extraction, or some other form of direct distillation from biomass (looks a lot like an modded expresso machine y’all) might get that solved…

who wants to open source something silly like that?

maybe use dry ice and a van de Graaf or Wimshurst generator…so it can scream while operator winds it up to make it go (ionize the argon?)

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

jacketed flask for attaching to a stainless cold trap

2 Likes

Sleeved flask.

just in case it matters….

3 Likes

I always mix those words up, thanks for the correction

1 Like