Passive Recovery Time

@EngineerZach said that it would be great for injection but I am not convinced it would be any better for injection than a coil. Especially after the first run of the day.

2 Likes

I would agree. But I’ll try it just to see what happens

I saw that….I just see it being a pain, the way I run

My thought process was a coil for injection. shotgun condenser for recovery. Which is honestly how I’ll probably run it

2 Likes

The thing I like about mine vs their design is that the walls of mine come up higher than the tubes, so no ice ever gets into the alcohol. The co2 sublimation keeps all oxygen out BECAUSE of the high side wall. Beautiful

7 Likes

Post the details of the design here if you wanna prevent anyone from trying to patent it, after ripping you off already

Defensive publications against companies like that are a good idea if you share something

4 Likes

YUst cut some holes in a normal shotgun condensor
First two cuts in length then one cut on the middel bend them outward and use as bracket
I placed it inside a solar boiler tank and the coil is used as injection coil all dry ice in one spot

2 Likes

I saw yours!! That also gave me ideas…that crashed and burned when I realized nobody is going to have a 100’ piece of pipe because they can’t get it on a truck….unless they coil it elsewhere

1 Like

Finally got around to building a nice rack for the shotgun condenser. Looking forward to trying this bad boy out.

14 Likes

Dropping this here

If you use an injection coil you don’t need to chill your entire tank and can just skip all that to begin with

3 Likes

Another day of R&D in the booth. Had a late day today, rained it’s ass off. Went in after a late lunch, still ran a quick 100 lbs, and made it back into town with daylight to spare. Can’t wait to have this part made custom!!!

3 Likes

scotty vandweller announcing

1 Like

That’s so fuckin funny to me right now

Man I still remember scotty bitching about his neighbor ratting him out for open blasting… on social media, with his face, while committing felonies.

Can’t knock the dude, I’m pretty sure he’s worked for XD, OSS, Sweetleaf, BHOgart, and subzero. Probably wrong about some of those, but it seemed like he had a new job every time he drove his van into the comment section.

Fyi, HFS has several they got in today, the open jacketed condensers
They even have one that is 3x10, so small machines can go fast!
They don’t have many , just sayin

2 Likes

Yea u got me itching homie

1 Like

Do you have a link? I can’t seem to find the sleeved ones just jacketed.

1 Like

Were sold out when i checked yesterday

Are you pushing with N2? If so you’ll definitely want to bleed that off, or better yet vac it out once your tank is on ice. If your solvent tank has sight glasses you can watch for any remaining solvent to start bubbling so you don’t pull a bunch of solvent through your vac pump.

You’ll probably want a more consistent heat source for evaporating. Sous vides are cheap now, but if you don’t want to spring for one at least use a small pump to circulate the warm water. Otherwise you’ll just get a buffer of cold water around the collection vessel.

Lastly be sure the dry ice is covering as much of the solvent tank as possible, especially if you’re not using any type of coil or heat exchanger.

1 Like