Vapor Capture extraction Technology (VCT)?

Just wondering if anybody out there is using this fairly new Vapor Capture extraction Technology (VCT), hows it working out for ya and what are the pros & cons?

Vapor static extraction was mentioned like a week ago. I bet whomever mentioned it will pop in.

2 Likes

Don’t know her name on here but that’s probably shattergurl Jacqueline /Boulder Creek technologies

6 Likes

I’ve seen a demo of it

It’s really only for crude

Itll destroy any terpenes present

7 Likes

More crude faster

7 Likes

I think there’s a decent amount of competition for this type of process out there. Spoke with a group at MJBiz claiming real nice disty coming straight out of their setup. Winterized too, I think? These folks said they are keeping the process temp below what is seen in a wiped film and that BCT is burning their material (hence the brown crude they get that that needs to be winterized & distilled?)

3 Likes

What group was that @batsona?

They told me they recently had a company in MN build a prototype at 100s of lbs per day, I think.

check Goloxley.com

US10765965 sherwood.pdf (1.8 MB)

3 Likes

Hi folks, just here to try and clarify that we are talking about two different companies and methodologies…

Boulder Creek Technologies, associated to ShatterGurl is Vapor-Static Extraction, which claims 90% efficiency and produces a sugar-free crude ready for input to distillation process (mono terpenes in tact but none of the secondaries, so u would do 1st and 2nd passes with it). The process involves heat but for a very very short period of time, so the resulting oil is decarbed, but apparently some terps do surive the process, and you can winterize but don’t have to, if you did, probably wouldnt need as no where near as much Ethanol. Definitely speak to Jacqueline for more info, and don’t quote me on any of this stuff.

The Vapor Capture Technology (VCT) isn’t as recent, though both technologies are not novel.
Its some kind of lame propreitary process owned by the Israeli’s

3 Likes

Isn’t it pretty much just a big giant vortex vaporizer?

6 Likes

Ya, but with a cool electrostatic condenser instead of your lungs

6 Likes

Yes, you still have to winterize and it destroys the terpenes

I’m supposed to test some of there crude on my membranes out at lab society to see if we can remove the stuff you need to winterize out with it

I honestly think they’re dealing with the same thing I am that makes it through the membranes

There’s 1 compound I can’t seperate out even with hot condenser tech and I’m willing to bet that’s what they’re seeing

we are working on something for direct distillation.
both crude extraction and crude refinement in closed loop.
cannabinoids were the collection goal, but terpene collection and refinement is possible as everything is caught collection side.

i believe our approach is completely novel and has more applications ~outside~ the cannabis space.

5 Likes

I would be inclined to endorse your belief but my problem is it contradicts what Jaqueline told us directly, in that you get mono terps, and you could winterize but the value in a “solventless distillate” is worth more than getting into winterizing and that it isn’t necessary overall… not adopting their claims as gospel, just indicating that they are out there making fairly bold claims and I don’t think they’re the type to play around like that? Feel free to correct…

Left: winterized, right: not wtinerized

1 Like

Lol I’m guessing shattergirl thinks it’s okay to smoke cloudy disty with fats in it because you can see it in the cart on the right

:laughing:

You couldn’t pay me to smoke a cloudy cart just saying

Heat degrades mono terpenes, I can get mono terpenes off a wiper too doesn’t mean there any good

2 Likes

I agree completely with what you’re saying.

1 Like

The thing that I was told sets this thing apart is you can make crude for next to nothing

My only concern is the cost for start up then having to winterize in solvent after

Also wet extraction isn’t possible with this where as with hydrocarbons it is

When we start growing tricrop for cbd no ones going to want to dry 1000s of acres of hemp

With hydrocarbons you don’t have that problem.

2 Likes

The total operational cost on a kilo of crude is claimed to be something under $2, which is pretty incredible.

It’s not what I’d pick for high volume or wet material - though I hear Boulder might be talking to someone about making that happen - but if you just want super cheap inputs for pens or something like that it could be a really good fit.

Everything’s a tool in the toolbox, and even CO2 has it’s place.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure Mike said 3 milly will get you a system that does 8000 pounds a day

I’d be interested to see what the cost is with drying, winterization and distillation all included

1 Like

But live resin carts are super popular and they have some wax.

I agree this has no efficiency for distillate… it will only be workable if they can convince people it’s a good enough product to use directly, and not “crude” at all.

For what it’s worth, I went to their booth and questioned them, and after I grilled them very hard, they told me in fact you will LOSE all the monos… a major flaw to it being a good dab by itself!

4 Likes