Prior art dumping grounds

same concept more or less. applying it to terpenes/cannabis hte might be considered novel

2 Likes

This man is inverse-patent trolling!! :joy::rofl:

@Dred_pirate you better pay him well before I steal him for the raw spite energy

9 Likes

Hell yeah Bro that looks righteous

1 Like

It will be difficult but not impossible to design.

Have you seen this system?

Armfield Distillation Column

It look likes your missing weirs and downcomers on the plates?

1 Like

had an idea about modifying an algae centrifuge to handle reactor scale crystallization

3 Likes

these are really just kinda placeholders as they’re probably too restrictive as is, but I changed it a bit

2 Likes

materialcolumnlinerforpacking.pdf (117.8 KB)

had an idea for an ironfist style packing system that wouldn’t require removing columns, this would use a sleeve to fit inside the material column and have a plate at the bottom to pack on to/use to extrude the spent biomass

3 Likes

Shotgun condenser

9 Likes

had an idea about a pod based around existing 510 hardware, with a threaded adapter to fit standard stick batteries. Could work natively with the magnetic style batteries that are currently out - uni pro etc, or a new pod battery entirely

edit: I guess it’s kind of an airopro adapter lol

2 Likes

What a great and honorable thread idea. Bookmarking this.

I have some synthetic chem ideas I might share. But honestly if I file a patent on anything it’s to get the corporate fuckboys to pay me for my synthetic process, and I wouldn’t enforce it against the average Joe. As we all know, synthetic methods patents are basically “how-tos” for the underground, and I would be most honored if an underground chemist were using any patents I file to make their own medicines.

5 Likes

Ideas for material columns using 300 series flanges, capable of holding roughly 45 and 200ish # dry respectivly

2m tall, 10" nominal and 300 series 316 flanges, 1" swagelok liquid/nitrogen/vapor push lines

1 Like

If you put the coil in the 510 base, you can try the same experiments that i did in 2019 that had me giving up and using glass carts instead

I’ve wanted a solid method for providing the end user with a decent “I’d like extract from that flower” in the dispensary (or at home) for almost as long as I’ve been in the business (and as a medical patient I was making my own before I got into “the biz”).

flower squish looked promising for a sec or two.
as did espresso machines, and itty bitty CO2.

vapor static extraction, or some other form of direct distillation from biomass (looks a lot like an modded expresso machine y’all) might get that solved…

who wants to open source something silly like that?

maybe use dry ice and a van de Graaf or Wimshurst generator…so it can scream while operator winds it up to make it go (ionize the argon?)

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

jacketed flask for attaching to a stainless cold trap

2 Likes

Sleeved flask.

just in case it matters….

3 Likes

I always mix those words up, thanks for the correction

1 Like

Is anyone aware of any patents for VOC concentrators or similar equipment used for solvent recovery/flaring as it relates to our industry?

The Raw Garden lab situation + potential federal legalization and the future involvement of the EPA make for an interesting set of circumstances as far as emissions go

2 Likes

single use extraction on demand - always thought that was a thing to get to - some ideas but just that for now. go loxley uses heated argon - have some other interesting ideas

Have you seen the AGI/asahi counter current liquid to liquid column? Very similar idea with independently heated sections each with their own drain if needed. We had a video of it around here somewhere. I was trying to bring it to market but it never made it out of NDA land. Still used heavily in some labs.
Theres a video of it around here somehwere.

1 Like

looks like rotary VOC concentrators fit the bill for this

no additional oxygen or condensing required, pretty neat. Just uses a zeolite wheel to capture VOCs and then heats/combusts them with the discharge gas