Converting to 11-hydroxy

I’ve been wondering if there is a way to convert d9 or any other deltas available, into 11-hydroxy? If so, we could technically get it intravenously, correct?

11 Likes

Been looking into the same thing, but youll probably need some good lc to purify it after enzyme catalyzation. My question is if it will hold up on the nail

2 Likes

Sublingual and ebible routes of ingestion. No need for a nail

7 Likes

11 Hydroxy is a product of digestion, so does anyone now the biologic/chemical process that could be recreated to obtain the compound outside of the body?

Scihub

9 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Also, the transdermal capabilities. Prostate patients and suppositories

10 Likes

my question is if the chemical structure would hold up to vaporization.

1 Like

@Photon_noir you have any insight on this? I’m intrigued by the possibilities

1 Like

You can inject THC, they make injectable suspensions of all sorts of substances with limited water solubility.

I don’t recommend it but its a thing.

Won’t help the body process it. Also clotting
Also not a analogue of thc… so 100% legal for now!

5 Likes

None of those things are a real concern. d9THC is rapidly absorbed intravenously, just like smoking.

“Human Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetics

Marilyn A. Huestis

2.1.6. Intravenous

Although THC is not abused by the intravenous route, pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic cannabinoid research has employed this technique. Recently, D’Souza et al . administered THC intravenously to evaluate the association between cannabinoids and psychosis [48]. The double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled study investigated the behavioral, cognitive, and endocrine effects of 0, 2.5, and 5 mg of THC in healthy individuals with a history of cannabis exposure, but never diagnosed with a cannabis-abuse disorder. After 10 min, the plasma THC concentrations were 82±87.4 and 119.2±166.5 for intravenous doses of 2.5 and 5.0 mg, ng/ml respectively; the respective THC-COOH concentrations were 43.8±26.1 and 81.9±47 ng/ml. Some subjects withdrew from the study due to acute paranoia (1), panic (1), hypotension (2), withdrawal of consent due to dislike of THC effects (3), and other issues (2). One subject experienced a significant, acute paranoid reaction and was treated with 2 mg lorazepam”

The question posed concerned making 11-hydroxy to create a substance with an IV route of administration, just pointing out it can and has repeatably been done with d9, which is full active with that ROA

Propofol, most steroids, and many other substances are highly hydrophobic, but are safely injected every second of the day, somewhere in the world. They figured this stuff out a long time ago

The formulation is readily available if you look.

How’s is 11-OH-THC not an analogue of d9THC

Edited: added stuff

6 Likes

That paranoia sounds like their bodies couldn’t process the thc

11 sounds like a metabolite! It is not found in drug cultivars, not explicitly banned by the DEA.

Must be similar. 11 is a metabolite. Saying it is an analog means that every person who indulges in thc is a drug production facillity.

3 Likes

It mentions “some” patients. It’s common to mention reasons for participant withdrawal.

This study is commonly referenced for THC causing psychosis in general. If they weren’t absorbing THC, there would be no effects.

d9THC when smoked produces the same effect in many people. Most enjoy it, “some” do not

4 Likes

The logic is flawed. If you clandestinely make 11-hydroxy semi-synthetically from d9, you are most likely violating the Federal Analogue Act. Enforcement isn’t a thing at all but it would be an illegal act, from my understanding.

Not trying to say we shouldn’t explore isolated 11-hydroxy-THC or it’s always forgotten secondary active metabolite 11-Nor-9-carboxy-THC, this was just to clarify misconceptions about injectablility of cannabinoids

6 Likes

I do not know how to produce 11-OH-THC exogenously, but I seem to remember that is how MCT oil helps to potentiate THC… by getting it absorbed rapidly by the liver, where it is converted to the 11-OH metabolite.

I can also tell you that 11-OH-THC is one of the THC metabolites used to standardize instruments used in drug testing… so it is almost certainly considered an illegal substance.

Having that extra hydroxyl group on the methyl group would make this a fairly easy compound to crystallize, but I do not believe that would make it any more bioavailable than THC, and it would present its own host of formulation issues, similar to CBD.

6 Likes

Are you using selenium dioxide to access the allylic alcohol?

2 Likes

But… we are drug production facilities, albeit organic ones.

7 Likes

If you make it from hemp derived CBD you would not be violating the Federal analogue act since hemp is no longer a schedule 1.

I wonder if that would be possible though.

9 Likes

That is your favorite screenshot in the entire world :rofl::joy:

14 Likes

It is. I wish I had the bottom part that says it makes it excluded from the drug code that makes all the THCs illegal

4 Likes