Rso knowledge and help

When posting here please be as specific as possible about equipment, temperatures, ratios, quantities, times and procedures. The more clearly you pose your question, the higher quality the response you will receive.

Please demonstrate you have followed scientific procedure before asking for assistance.

Hey can someone with experience help me figure why my rso isn’t working? Took a whole gram didn’t feel high! Someone said it could be diet! Lack of omega 3s

1 Like

Was it decarbed ?

9 Likes

Oof lol

Meaning heated? Yes I used the rso method with rice cooker. I let it soak for 10 mins the cooked in rice cooker

It’s not working and I’m not sure why

some folks don’t have the metabolism and will need to Converting to 11-hydroxy in some other fashion (go all Hannibal Lecter on it)

others don’t know THC from THCA.

if it works on others and not on you, your decarb was sufficient.

My money is on the other possibility.

tell us more about your process…

no. meaning actually decarboxylated.
“soaking for 10min” in a rice cooker will not get the job done.

hit the search bar. read up on decarb.

eg

I use the evolution of CO2 (its cessation) as my end point marker. whether decarbing BHO for edibles at 100oC or crude in an SPD at 140oC

maybe start near the beginning, with the teachings of @Graywolf: decarboxylation 101

14 Likes

After you read up on decarboxylation, @Maryjane, give decarbing a shot. Just please refrain from taking a full gram after you’ve decarbed. I’m guessing your tolerance isn’t that high.

8 Likes

As has been noted, THC-A does not readily pass the blood brain barrier to reach the CB-1 receptors in the brain. THC does pass the blood brain barrier, and is why decarboxylation is typically performed for oral consumption or suppositories.

5 Likes

By many people’s accounts decarbing may be detrimental to healing pending on your ailment.

Not getting high might be a good thing

6 Likes

15%-20% of humanity lacks the P450 enzyme for 11-hydroxy-THC making edibles or even RSO/Phoenix Tears unable to be processed by the body eating it or taking in capsule format. Edible format doesn’t work for everyone or perhaps try a different similar method like a strong tincture or a drink and see if that helps you to absorb the most from your RSO.

6 Likes

or adding liver extract…

3 Likes

…define “not working”…

Have you handed it to anyone else? Do they get high?

Does RSO from other sources get you high?

Get it tested (send me some. I’m calibrating a GC this week. Possibly and LC next week).

3 Likes

Thank you guys for all responding! I’m very appreciative! Here’s my process. I do it by the book. Soak for 10 mins then strain and resoak for another 10 mins then strain using isopropyl alcohol. Then I transfer to rice cooker. Cook until no bubbles added 6 drops of water toward the end, then transfer to a coffee warmer. For about hr or two I sit on coffee warmer. Then fill syringe. I honestly think my diet was the problem because I went vegan and I fasted before that. Leaving my body with no omega 3 or saturated fats. I read that people with diets high in saturated fats had 4x as much as THC in their blood after ingesting it orally. And that thc needs animal fats. Is that true?

No but it was dry

Meaning no high and no medicinal affect

How do I convert it

But I didn’t decarb before and it worked just fine

So make the rso them take it and make a tincture? How much thc will be absorbed in my system that way? How do I make a tincture?

Are you referring to cyp1?

Do exactly that process as outlined above except put it in your oven before ingesting it and see if you can get it to bubble more at 200f-250f in your oven

Once all bubbling stops then it’s good to eat

There is a carboxl group that it attached to the thca molecule that needs to be removed with degradation (heat) so the compound (thc) can be absorbed properly and you feel high

2 Likes