THC remediation that isn’t chromatography

AC I think is not good because you’d lose all the minors as well as the THC, might as well just take distillate to isolate

1 Like

absolutely.

especially if you give me all that worthless mother liquor when you’re done :wink:

So If I post a SOP here, what will be my reward from the community?

1 Like

Thanks MoM?

Member of the Month(s).. Don't Vote in this thread, it's the other

1 Like

Lol :slight_smile: exactly

1 Like

Converting to 11-hydroxy ?

1 Like

The intrinsic value of helping others…
If you’re expecting a reward for doing a thing then you probably shouldn’t even bother.

Btw there’s a 40 year old paper on decarbing CBDa and thca while in the presence certain salts which directs their decarb towards certain products.

5 Likes

:call_me_hand:t5: raises hand

A lot of people like to overthink rather then simplify

that narrows it down a little. :wink:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=decarboxylation+cannabidiol&as_ylo=1976&as_yhi=1984

3 Likes

I guess I’ll stop waving that around without giving the details and just give the papers I’ve found. It ain’t like I’m in the CBD game anyway :man_shrugging:t2: I have no reason to keep the papers a secret.
selective decarboxylation-conversion.pdf (563.4 KB) decarboxylating CBD at lower temps.pdf (365.1 KB)
You’re all very welcome :smile_cat:

11 Likes

Termite
Jan 3
This tech (bids) would be awesome to implement but with current pricing of all fancy raisins it could be projected as the “overkill price” to implement on the big scale …
For the people on this forum who was laze or busy to do the R&D on this - simple SOP for color removal ,thc CBD separation and surly for encourage to start the new topic in here.

Mix your crude or distillate with heptane 1:1 ( for crude soline wash is needed)
Get 3A zeolite (in jar for the simplicity) and wash it with fresh heptane ( drain solvent out)
Combine your mixture and zeolite (fill till zeolite fully suspended)
Wait few hours .
Filter ( coffee filter is fine for this step)
Liquid portion will go back for the re run (if CBD/thc separation is desired)
Zeolite in you filtration funnel now loaded with the goodies.
Prepare second filtration funnel for color CRC STYLE 1”-3” of b80 will work, put loaded zeolite on top
Run fresh Heptane ( acid spiked if not decarb crude was used) to wash zeolite. Collected heptane would be almost white and it will wash out only 50%-60% of all available goodies but zeolite will hold up the thc molecules a little better so with this method it is easy to bring down % of thc in oil drastically
My personal record from almost 8% down to 1.2%

Don’t forget zeolite still loaded with cannabinoids needs to be washed with different solvent (toluene)
Is the second solvent of choice to remove cannabinoids but not the garbage.

This SOP was for the 1st grade students … lol

For the pros:
3A is 0.3 nm al the bulky molecules can’t feet
Zeolite exist in the form of powder (column loading)
Zeolite based ion exchange resin will give have a force to hold molecules (thc/CBD separation)
Pre-wetting resin with the right (top secret ) solution will activate protonation of nitrogen in functional groups allowing the adsorption of acid ( everybody remembering the hint about controlled decarboxilatio
of THCA to thc and living cbda in acidic form)

So if someone will start the new topic on zeolite and polymer resins I’ll will tell what would happen if someone stupid/curious will use zeolite/resins in packable distillation head.
Happy holidays

For those that do not get. @krative his genouros spoon
Maybe now you do

13 Likes

This sounds exciting in the exothermic and unfortunate kind of way

I have absolutely no need for THC remediation right now but I still appreciate the hell out of this spoon

3 Likes

@Weederlich this is up your Alley I asume :+1:

2 Likes

i would feel horribly silly starting that thread as its a topic i am not too familiar with, but I really wanna know your story

3 Likes

@Roguelab is an enigma. Some of his stories are what movies are made of! Hes like the European dos equis man. The more you learn the less you know! LOL

6 Likes

@Roguelab is probably the most interesting man in the world… irl. If you ever need a biographer, good sir, I’m happy to help!

5 Likes

He doesn’t normally leak sops, but when he does they are for thc remediation on the cheap.

Truly the worlds most interesting man if that happened

5 Likes

done!

What would happen if someone stupid/curious will use zeolite/resins in packable distillation head?

3 Likes

I think misinformation being put out by the various subpar laboratories is so rampant that many companies believe they’re working with a reputable lab either by default or because they’ve compared one low quality lab to another poor quality lab.

To answer your question, yes, revealing the methodology would reduce its efficacy. If the industry knows such a method is available and being used then it would theoretically reduce the chances of material switching occurring.

So yes, it would be quite useful having the reputable processors validate the methodology. It could be used to identify the bad actors in the remediation space and then continue to maintain a higher quality standard for the remaining remediation companies.

Obviously, the standards of the industry must go up in order to help eliminate the bottomless pricing floor, raise the average quality, and start revealing to the regulators and public that we are capable of self-regulating. KCA Labs would like to help move the industry to that new normal.

I disagree that keeping it to yourself will improve the overall situation.

If you’re the only lab in the country who has that secret, then 99.9+% of folks wont have access to it.

How will that make any significant reduction in material switching?

The only reason to keep the method secret would be that it is trivially circumvented if known.

3 Likes