A/B Extraction and Isolation of Psilocybin

I wonder if adding intact mice would lower the decarb times in my reactor?

23 Likes

One other technique that should work and should be tried is ionic exchange chromatography of psylocibin if you are having trouble getting crystallization from raw mushroom extract. But there are issues there.

I’ve had poor experience with mice. I’ve found fish to be far superior.

3 Likes

Opposed to the maceration of mice livers I assume, which is how they first isolated 11-hydroxy-thc!

2 Likes

Extract in hot ethanol is a very impure extract from what i’ve read

3 Likes

shark liver remediation tek!! aint no d9 in there bitch!

6 Likes

A good read…

PF MAGIC MUSHROOM LIQUEUR TEK - CRYSTALS OF THE GODS

http://www.fanaticus.com/mycoalki.htm

9 Likes

Methanol would be interesting. Increased polarity might make for less harsh extraction conditions. Personally I’d approach it by doing a water extraction then raising or lowering the pH with a temp swing to see if you can initiate precipitation. Then recrystallize either by similar technique or in alcohol. But that’s just a humble opinion for what it’s worth.

Or you could just do a PF jar tek and then consume…

Don’t let the size fool ya, the smaller the stronger. These B+ will lift you off.

23 Likes

There is a very selective solvent for this category of molecule. :grin:

9 Likes

How about DCM?

Best solvent for any organic sythesis if compatible.

But there is another one in particular.

2 Likes

Water?

3 Likes

Loveall technique: Use denatured alcohol 50/50 ethanol/methanol to extract. Add Acetone. Refrigerate.
Add Naptha.

2 Likes

Nope and nope lol

3 Likes

Is this technique less selective?

I did a 65-70% Ethanol solution because i figured it might kill any bacteria/mold that may have grown? But not sure on the validity of it.

Anyone ever tried smoking/vaping the isolate?

Are you saying in addition to, or in and of itself by itself? I mean they’re several additives to methanol. Barbital, HCL w/tryptamine, if you wanna go that way. Ethyl Acetate? I’m just spitballing now. It’s like playing 20 questions. Okay i give…

1 Like

I’m after extracts for the development of edibles and tinctures.

21 Likes

Is it a common one or do I need to dig into literature to find it

1 Like

I personally have had excellent results with micro-dosing daily. I think there is a growing movement for using Psilocybin medicinally. The VA is specifically looking into it. The VA is already in the early stages of opening Ketamine Clinics since they’ve come to accept Buprenorphine as the goto treatment for detox and opiate addiction. I think within 5 years the FDA will approve Psilocybin and it will be used extensively in the VA for PTSD initially. I grow B+, Alcabenzi and Golden Teacher. I pulverize them all together. For PTSD and severe clinical depression, I think they are a lifesaver, literally. I wish more Veterans had access to it.

11 Likes