THC remediation that isn’t chromatography

I recently saw a fairy well know extraction equipment seller advertising a process of THC remediation from crude with negligible losses in minors or cbd. It has extremely low cost per liter to do process. Much cheaper than chroma.

They are charging around 800kish for the sop and the equipment. The equipment is around 200k. Mostly reactors and solvent recovery

I know the t-free threads have been done to death but It seems that as an open source type of place it may benefit some of the members to talk about this process and try to make it more accessible for the little guy.

2 Likes

You’re referring to the T-sep right?

When I spoke to the technical representative it’s sounds like it’s basically a LLE with some conversion taking place which will help force THCA into the aqueous layer.

That’s why they say to use non-decarbed crude because you can knock the THCA out more easily than neutral THC.

4 Likes

If thats the case it s based on the Spanish paper from the university of malaga an based on the liking of cannabinoids to certain mixtures of solvent i placed it in the data dump about a year ago

14 Likes

I made a guess that it was a high ph LLE inceasing the solubility of both thc and cbd and washing away in equal parts.

Bad method if it was 50/50 thc/cbd

But since it’s just a few points of thc who cares if you wash a little cbd away. You lose with chroma too.

Thats a tech that wil kill several minors
@future has a whole tread about it
I only like it to grab thc-a from dirty gunk oil thats Basicly useless

3 Likes

So what’s a good tech to use

1 Like

Not really any simple tech :woman_shrugging: There are somewhat simpler methods but it’s still very difficult.

1 Like

Elaborate por favor :grinning:

1 Like

No bro, I’m not just gonna spoon feed you free answers to your questions.

There’s a lot of useful info on this site if you go digging for it.

If you’re not willing to put in the grueling R&D to figure this out on your own, you can at least spend some time digging for info.

If you’re not looking to go digging you should look into hiring a consultant or something… this kind of info cost people a lot of time and money, so why would they happily give it away to you for free?

Maybe someone nicer will point you in the right direction like RogueLab… but most people aren’t into spoon feeding around here.

6 Likes

Nobody returns messages over consulting fees and availability

I thought a post might drum up some interest and some message responses or consult offers.

Nope.

Instead I got you.

To everyone else: if you want to make money doing a consult on this hit me up.

Seems like it’s a thc to cbn conversion anyways. I don’t need to be “spoon fed” anymore on that as the guys in r&d are already doing it at our hemp processing facility.

I though it was something new and someone had something interesting to say about it.

Guess I better drop my expectations for leveling up together into the trash can

Have a great day😀

4 Likes

Hello everyone!
I registered to join this conversation.
Is that real that noone has an idea how that could work?

There are some ways to achieve thc (a) remediation in presence of cbd (a). No Cromatography, no distillation needed to get to 95%+ CBD (a) with no THC (a) left.

Does anyone want to guess my way to seperate CBDa from THCa?
I give a hint, I found the technique in an 40 year old patent. It was not supposed to do that, but it works great.
It is so funny reading here from people doing Cromatography, multiple distillations, color redemtiation, decarbing etc.
I cannot figure out what is the goal of all that. Pure THC(a) or CBD(a)??
I tell you that there are people out there (linke me) that achieve that with much less afford.

5 Likes

Did you join to share?
Or gloat?

Object of the game? Legal compliance. $$$.

Crystallization works, but the losses are high.

Edit: realize I left out “inspire/goad more into figuring it out?”. @waxplug1 did a phenomenal job of raising games with that trick.

8 Likes

I have yet to see the 90% cannabinoid WaterTek leaked. I’d like to see that product more common and then diced up.

Some of the teks out there truly like to keep things going propriety

2 Likes

Tell me more good sir. Knowledge makes us all better.

You can save the spoon emojis.

My inbox has a full cutlery set :grinning::spoon::fork_and_knife:

4 Likes

I attempted a patent search, but the clue is so vague I couldn’t narrow it down to less than a few thousand results on google patents.

Maybe they’re just trolling :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

They just want us to work for it lol.

I think lots of people on this forum would benefit from these sops that cant afford chroma and don’t want to make remediation labs partners with the high costs per gram.

2 Likes

We all know CBD can be turned into THC, either Δ9 or Δ8

Seems like the correct approach would be to evolve an enzyme that took THC to CBD.

Edit: efficient evolution requires selection. THC is cytotoxic to all kinds of critters (including cannabis!). Not sure if is an exploitable difference in the cytotoxicity between THC and CBD, but I image so in the right host.

4 Likes

I tried to get them to sell the solventless sop (WaterTek, yes we understand water is a universal solvent and this title isn’t accurate)
They won’t budge because of how the market is eating itself imo.

1 Like

Goading folks to make them think harder and actually work together?

Nah…that’ll never work with this crowd :rofl:

3 Likes

Ok 40 years old narrow it down to hebrew university or university of Utrecht no where else was research done
It s not a catalyst nor the molsieve tech
Nor oventech
So to. The university
In the late 70s early 80 s
It s not a catalyst for in labs they don t like using them on organic s in research trials and he states cbd-a and thc-a
So Whats left is ph swings or solvent affinity
Another hint ?

5 Likes