THC remediation that isn’t chromatography

This is a fun game!!!

Follow the bread crumbs to t-free!!!

I was originally thinking about ph increasing the solubility and then you wash stuff away with brine washes.

Does the ph swing also do some conversion

Your new profile pic is throwing me off!

Yes an enzyme would be an elegant solution. Probably expensive and time consuming to develop… unless that’s your wheelhouse.

2 Likes

better?

given the tools I’ve seen thrown at modeling the ACE2 receptor, I’m not certain a synthetic chemist and a clever molecular biology grad student couldn’t do the design work in silico.

Edit: speaking of modeling tools thrown at the ACE2 receptor; Getting Rich Quick on Legit Corona Cures?!

3 Likes

Matter energy conversion.

If I give a yeast that eats corn and poops the cannabinoids of your dreams do you promise not to share? Or at least we can have a chuckle about how the isolate market has no future. Everyone knows it is time to diversify, it is only a matter of time before it is too late. some ideas:

1. Products made with isolate
  2. Herbal extracts and blends
  3. Eco-friendly fare-trade organic craft cannabis and extracts.
  4. Seed and fiber industry (Hemp farmers will switch to fiber and seed)
    sorry this is getting a little off topic.

My point is that people who think that they can profit off of isolate from chemistry secrets will be left behind. The isolate market (any pure natural compound) will be dominated by biochemists and the chemist will have no chance. Who’s placing bets??

2 Likes

I’d love to know about this magical yeast. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Although I feel like a lot of this bread-crumb dropping/boasting is similar to a guy that’s keeps telling a girl he has a 10 inch dick but won’t ever send her a pic.

When she presses him on it it’s always some “my dick is under NDA” or “I make good money on this dick and I’m not gonna share it for free” or “took me a long time to get this huge dick and I’m not gonna help you cut corners or spoon feed you my elusive huge dick SOP”

Yawn

2 Likes

This stuff hit the news circuit years ago, where have you been? there is nothing magical about it.

you think insulting me will motivate me to do your dirty work for you? think again. this is old new buddy, and yes I am sure you are alone.

1 Like

Is it a realistic replacement/alternative to chromatography for thc remediation?

Sounds like another method for producing cbd alone.

I wonder why people even grow hemp if this is such a better alternative.

Becuase patents

You can license the tech if it’s patented

1 Like

production cost bottoms out and it takes more work to make the same profit if you crash the extract market. also having many players builds a much bigger costumer base. There will be a few big players in the future, one may use ecoli an other may use brewing yest (as examples), the competition will bring the price down too very little.

There’s a big reason yeast made isolate isn’t a thing now. Unless there’s a company actually doing it and I’m very wrong… But have you ever tried to R&D a microbial fermentation of a complex molecule? It’s very time consuming. Then factor in scale and compare that to the millions of lbs hemp. Soo yeah unless you have some info about a company that made that work I’m just going to call this smoke

2 Likes

Yeah generally engineering a microbe to produce something that a plant has already been grown to produce is usually a losing proposition.

There is a chance I have been deceived, any respectable person won’t take my word (or anyone else’s here) and will do their own reading.

1 Like

Cannabis/hemp. Is one of the highest yielding extracts known
It s simple cbd to pharma grade
No way yeast is gona take over
Kratom. Or any alkaloid yeah yield of 1% on the kilo let. The yeast spit it out
But hemp no I don t see that happening any time soon

3 Likes

Think of it in terms of man hours per killo
an other way too look at it is
corn (food for yeast) vs hemp
(some one here could do the numbers if they knew the ratio of corn : CBD)

That’s a scale thing. If canola oil was worth $500kg and had been outlawed for decades people might say the same thing. We’re just not there yet

1 Like

not logical but okay, when can we place bets?
corn is by far a bigger producer because it is almost fully automated and too scale.

So back to the non chromatography methods for thc removal from hemp derived cbd distillate or crude

4 Likes

So you’re saying the bulk of commercial sugars are produced by microbial production? Oh wait no they’re produced by growing corn. Should be sugar beets but yay subsidy. Tanks cost more than acreage in Iowa