Converting to 11-hydroxy

If THC is a lasting intermediate, your likely breaking the CSA.

1 Like

Ignoring the legality of it. Can you convert THC 9 to 11 hydroxy for oral administration or would you need it to be injected? I cannot get the same effects as prior through liver conversion. I have tested my genes for liver function being an issue but it is not. I feel like my body only converts a small amount of it and taking a fully converted dose would help.

I definitely read in a paper how they were blending up rat livers and using them to convert to 11-hydroxy @dred_pirate ill do some digging

and I stumbled upon this while digging…

7 Likes

I have a bunch of rats behind my building…
5$ per, no green tax. Upick

18 Likes

Will you harvest an blend the livers for me too?

8 Likes

Hmm, yes. I will incorporate as Summrat Research ™ we have technologically researched and patented our specific blend of secret single source rat livers. All other rat liver blends pale in comparison. Fuck the haters out there, we have done decades of research in our short history to have the absolutely proven best rat livers specifically sourced for cannabis extracts. Other livers out there haven’t had the time and attention to detail.

No you can’t see a video of our latest rat results. But we might post it. But we won’t.

Our patented rat liver blend is $1000/L, but anyone who knows anything about anything will know it’s well worth it.

33 Likes

not a very fun reaction. sorta messy not to mention smelly.

When you blend up those rat livers, see about isolating some 11-palmitoyloxy-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol while you are at it :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

I remember watching a video where the subject was introduced to thc only first intravenously. The reaction was panic and feeling like the world was gonna end. Once mixed with CBD the same test was performed and the subject was happy and giggling. I’m sure its out there already

3 Likes
4 Likes

Lol when they forget what CBD is called so they call it “Cannabinoid”

7 Likes

That video is crazy!!! I’ve definitely seen some people have slight psychotic episodes after dabs or gas masks, but not “like I’m at a funeral… no… worse”
Seems like this has a future in Guantanamo or DEA interrogations

1 Like

So, because I’m curious I want to re-ask some of the questions here:

How does one go about using rat livers to produce 11-oh ex vivo? Like, liver CRC? Someone with a biology bone in their body please spoon-feed me? I would imagine some sort of enzyme selection/cleanup is necessary?

Also, do y’all think 11-oh will have similar effects when taken through a MOA that bypasses the first pass effect? Would it be re-metabolized into something else if eaten? Guesses about heat stability?

5 Likes

How fresh do you think the liver needs to be?

4 Likes

I’m not above using live rats if that’s what it takes. Worse has been done for less meaningful research. Maybe just feed them disty and hook them up to a modified dialysis machine.

I’m just trying to picture our regulators walking into the lab on that day

Edit: if half italics were a thing I’d have used them?

6 Likes

I wonder if a freshly harvested cow liver would work?

4 Likes

I know that liver pharmacokinetics are very different between species (moreso than most other mammalian systems). I vaguely remember reading that rat livers are so prominent in research because they function very similarly to human livers. Then again, maybe it doesn’t take a very unique enzyme to make it.

Surely there are members here that can comment about whether feeding different animals thc seemed to get them baked

5 Likes

shark liver works better…

4 Likes

So… You wouldn’t happen to have any freshly harvested cow livers and thc isolate would you?

1 Like

I have a lot of thca isolate.

1 Like