It Finally Happened

It is common knowledge that there’s a cross tolerance. it’s also common knowledge that 11 hydroxyl lasts longer and Is 2 to 3 times more potent. I can’t imagine it’s a full agonist of the receptor like thcp because we would know that from peoples experiences. It’s potent but it’s not that potent (I.e. putting people in cannabinoid clinics like in Europe).

I rarely eat edibles but I can eat a lot more than someone with no tolerance. Demonstrably, repeatedly. All these weird outlier stories are cool but go back 20 years before all this Cornball cannabis marketing and go around telling everyone contrary to their absolute experience , they can just switch up between edibles and smoking to keep zero tolerance …

1 Like

Also 150 mg is a huge dose for someone with no tolerance .

I didn’t smoke for a few years and then started growing my own. The first test bud I tried a tiny puff off of, not even a mature plant , sent me onto the ‘death’ trip. The one where you think you’re dying and dead and then you contemplate life itself and how everyone you know and all their progeny and everything is finite.

If you don’t think 150mg , which is like 300 to 450 mg smoked , could give someone a frightening experience, in the words of my beloved aunt K, that’s ignorant.

seems like a thing for benzos and barbituates with alcohol but I’m still skeptical it’s a universal thing for d9 and 11-OH-d9.

1 Like

Yeah, but they hit up the same receptors.

How are people liking this comment? No offense intended. Cross tolerance absolutely comes from the receptor, not from which particular cannabinoid you’re consuming.

I can’t avoid a tryptamine tolerance by simply switching from LSD to Psilocybin, and you won’t find yourself with “zero tolerance” if you have an edible for the first time in 6 months if you’re a daily dabber.

Absolutely, 11-hydroxy is an order more potent, but I disagree with the assertation that cross tolerance isn’t a large factor here.

1 Like

I have never in my life had this experience. One time when I first started working at a lab, I drank 500mg and got the Holdol shuffle. But I was just “really high”. I am “diagnosed” ADHD so maybe my body metabolism is different?

Or maybe you need to borrow someone else’s liver in order to produce 11-hydroxy efficiently… Converting to 11-hydroxy

3 Likes

Cross tolerance I think isn’t something anyone is disbelieving, it’s probably just not the right technical term. We all realize virgin receptors from our first time vs our tolerance changed receptors.

That doesn’t change the completely different chemical and body changes. Not everything is just head high either. Clearly with edibles we experience more body changes.

1 Like

Everyone’s body chemistry is different. Your ability to handle high dose edibles comes down to your own personal absorption of those cannabinoids.

I smoke heavily all day and if I even eat a little bit of weed it knocks me on my ass.

5 Likes

That’s cool. But they aren’t the same drug.

Inhalation goes to the lungs, bloodstream, then the brain. Edibles go to the stomach, then go to the liver and only a wee tiny bit gets converted to 11-hydroxy, goes to the bloodstream. Then, that hits the brain. It coming from thc still doesn’t mean that smoking gives you a tolerance. They still aren’t the same drug. Having low liver enzymes can make you have a ridiculous tolerance for edibles, when you never have them. IE: my old employee in az, average smoker. I give him an edible that I normally take (extremely high tolerance) expecting him to take it later on. Fuckin @terpenedaydream takes the fucker right there. Barely feels anything from it. Another friend of mine who is a regular daily smoker and an extractor. Can only handle low, low potency edibles or he’ll get trashed. But, he takes dabs and smokes doinks all day.

5 Likes

I think D8 being as widely consumed as it has been in the last two years due to it being legally sold at gas stations indicates to me it was not the d8. Millions of people have tried it in two years (maybe even at a faster rate than d9 during prohibition.) The sample size is large enough to conclude two things:

A. Delta 8 was not the cause

Or

B. One out of millions has died using Delta 8, still making it one of the safest drugs to ingest vs other available vices or medications (although we cannot overlook this trajedy.)

I think of it like this:
i have two dominos set up, and an egg set up after.
i push the first domino. it falls, hits the second domino, which also falls, and hits the egg, which cracked.

do i consider myself responsible for the egg cracking, or am i gonna blame that 2nd domino?

i don’t think the latter holds up, like that’s a desperate stretch, and seems like neither does the OP. i respect their taking responsibility a lot and wish them the best

2 Likes

Stop, you’re being silly. You need to understand multiplying probabilities here does not help your case. This is not how you do statistics and it’s not how you do risk analysis.

We have a failure case here that someone had a heart attack after (proximate cause) D8. That’s already something that seems unlikely, like, 1/100,000. But you’re now trying to introduce an auxilliary cause: MAYBE he was vaccinated. OK, well let’s say that that can cause a heart attack. How likely is it? That paper reports 69 case studies – out of like 69 million shots. So you’re taking something really unlikely and then introducing this auxiliary argument that maybe he also fell in the 1/1,000,000 group of side effects for some other thing that we haven’t even verified. This kind of argument does not make your case more plausible – it makes it less plausible.

It would be like someone getting hit by a car and then me saying he probably died because he had osteoporosis and it made his bones weak. But osteoporosis is very rare, so the odds that he had osteoporosis are lower than the odds he he didn’t. Unless there’s PRIMARY EVIDENCE he had some kind of medical condition, introducing that hypothesis is compounding one unlikely thing with another unlikely thing – the product is lower than either individual odds!

9 Likes

Maybe it was just the COVID vaccine? :wink: I tease, but really, myocarditis/pericarditis are common symptoms of COVID mRNA vaccines. Lots of young folk have had heart issues from them.

Again you are not building tolerance to one substance, you are becoming more tolerant to all substances that influence that one receptor system (the endocannabinoid system in this case). It is not like thc or 11hydroxythc have separate receptors, they both influence the same endocannabinoid system (yes possibly different potency/binding affinities for each) but if your endocannabinoid system has been hammered by thc for years on end, it has developed a tolerance to all cannabinoids. This is logical if you understand neurobiology, and also by experience if you just smoke a shit ton of tree for years and try a 5mg edible… You won’t feel shit.

Yall saying you feel a 5mg edible have not been smoking enough for long enough to cause this change in your endocannabinoid system. You are not a special snowflake, you are a weed newbie. That’s fine and all, but try and tell an old head that smokes +1g of nug per day that he has no tolerance to edibles… And he’s gonna laugh in your face and ignore all your “knowledge” from then on. Yall sound dumb AF to let you know.

You’re the only one who sounds like a n00b, girlfriend. I doubt you even know any “old heads”. You have a very poor grasp of what you are, so eagerly confident about, that you are projecting your own single experience. And completely blind to the highly experienced people who are repeatedly telling you, you’re incorrect.

12 Likes

I’m just a web guy
tumblr_loyytsW3VD1qjggqwo1_500

5 Likes

Not true.

Source: Me

Isn’t anecdotal evidence fun? :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Old heads at a gram a day, i probably scrape 5x that off my hands everyday

10 Likes

Edibles send people to the hospital all the time due to panic attacks. Not the first time I’ve heard of someone going to the hospital from edibles and having to stay for a few days due to an underlying heart disease.

8 Likes

I’ve been smoking flower for the better part of 15 years. Your generalization doesn’t hold up

6 Likes