Dialing in BHO purge for novice user?

Cheers bro Didn’t know they had these will get this one instead would you have any methods for me to get any of these wax / sugar / budder preferably budder

I’m curious if these are the same, they cost about half as much. Maybe the lab armor ones are polished?

2 Likes

Also,

Copper BBs

Amazon.com : Crosman Copperhead 4.5mm Copper-Coated BBs (6000-count) : Air Gun Pellets : Sports & Outdoors

1 Like

Shot tends to be smaller and varies more in size. Should work the same though. They also have 99% lab grade shot.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=19580

I buy silver shot for glass fuming when available, as it’s much cheaper than buying a bar or coin that I have to break down anyways.

2 Likes

It’s been quite a few years since I’ve made BHO but from what I’m seeing and what you have said it is quite possible that that’s just the color you will get. What I mean is when your BHO is still full of gas bubbles, even if it is extremely dark when it settles down it will look golden until then.

2 Likes

Damn straight!

@ShadowtegaN1 / @Smokeyjoe2023 : Although your extract likely saw temps that were high enough to cause some darkening, open blasting simply doesn’t allow you to control your solvent or biomass temps, or your residence time (time the weed is “residing” in solvent), so you’re essentially never going to get extracts like you see on Instagram.

nor does it allow things like dewaxing or CRC, which most of the extracts you’re comparing yours to have been subjected to.

When we bring in biomass from new farms, we do micro extractions (20-30g), and send those out for pesticide testing.

They almost always look worse that what you made…primarily because they are done with rm temp solvent on rm temp biomass.

See eg: Acetone Micro Extraction R&D

If you want high quantity extracts at home, I suggest squish, if you want to pursue BHO, loose the glass tube and get thee a closed loop.

Start with a history lesson: The History of the Terpenator According to Gospel so you know who’s shoulders you are perched upon.

1 Like

My bho has turned into crumble looks very good but I’m 100% certain it’s still full of butane

I have been vac pumping the oil at room temperature for around 3 days my heat mat arrived today I set it to 40c and placed my chamber on top the oil did not liquify instead just turned to a crumble when I’m pumping the vac to -28hg it’s not blowing up just staying the same shape etc

If anybody has any techniques for me that would be grateful I have these at my disposal

Vac chamber
Vac pump
42c heat mat
Blasting tube filters etc
Pirex

Here’s the method I used if anybody could tell me where I went wrong would be highly appreciated thanks
I blasted into a baller jar and let the tane evaporate outside on its own I then whipped it up for 2 days while in the baller jar after 2 days I removed and placed into vac chamber I pumped to -28hg and released at room temperature for 3 days the oil where rising and going like a muffin shape but still sparks like mad when I put a flame to it.
My heat mat arrived this morning and I set it to 42c and placed my chamber on top of it my oil turned to a crumble type of texture the oil is now doing nothing at all inside the chamber just keeping its shape and form even on a 42c heat mat

Also if Could anybody give me a better method thanks

How so?

3 Likes

I put about a 0.1 to a flame and it sparkled and spat like mad

if you’re using can butane you might have something else in there… but you can try spreading it out thin on that piece of parchment it’s on and set back into your vac and set to 46c and let extract come up to temp for 10-20 min before pulling vac, let sit for 30 min to 1 hour scrape wax back into pile and whip, repeat until satisfied with end result.

3 Likes

Is this your first time?

1 Like

Looks like you’re improving…presumably thanks to the advice proffered above. congrats.

However, just as creating a new user to ask your next question was not helpful (Wax/budder/sugar methods without vaccum oven), creating a new topic for the same issue (you’re new and haven’t figure out your purge) is also counterproductive.

Imagine the NEXT person looking for this information.

You’d prefer it in a nice concise package, so why deliberately spray it all over the place?

Key points 1) thin films purge better. 2) water will cause both sugaring and spitting in response to flame.

It’s much easier to end up with water in your product when open blasting….

You are not the only one on this journey, and all the questions you currently have, have almost certainly been explored before around here…if you want information on specific subjects, go find them and join the discussion by asking clarifying questions. Eg: Cured Badder Tek if that’s what you seek.

-28 doesn’t sound like you’ve got things sealed up right. Let’s see that vacuum pump.

1 Like

I was not aware of this I thought I could just make threads for advice

I did not open blast into any water I open blasted straight into a mason jar and let it evaporate Outside with air it hasn’t been near water at all really

I had it in the vac chamber at uk room temperature (no heat mat) for 3 days this is how it where blowing up I will attach a pic my heat mat arrived this morning and I put my vac chamber on top with the oil inside once the mat reached 40c I pumped pumped to -28hg there was hardly any bubbling it just puffed a tiny bit after 1 hour i had hard crumble

Yep. But if it’s not likely to be a NEW question, then this place works better if you search/read/search/read THEN ask.

Ideally listing the threads you read (helps the next dozen with the same question find their way).

AND (iMO) all the questions you have asked so far are fall under “I’m new at this and don’t know how to purge yet, can you help”.

They may seem like they are different subjects to you at the moment, but they are not.

We need context and details to help you.

Eg @Lightbulb would not have needed to ask

If there had been context…and now there is.

I also asked to see the pump you’re using…and told you why.

…but I’ll be explicit, your phrasing suggests you might be using one of these

Which is not the correct tool.

1 Like

The evaporative cooling effect of the butane can create condensation and potentially pull moisture into your extract.

Leaving the lid on loose and providing a safe source of heat can help prevent this.

1 Like

How I dial in my purge process

There is a link in there to an inexpensive tool that even the home user can use to figure out “are we there yet?”

Validated by the same folks I use for third party testing

Did you see ice/frost forming on the outside of the jar?

Dew point in London today is 8C which would certainly provide enough water IN THE AIR to potentially manage some in your BHO (remind us what temp your solvent of choice boils?).

…and while we are on the subject (solvent of choice), understand that the 99.99% n-butane you’re using is almost certainly not even 90%

2 Likes

My BHO turned into this And still sparks and spits when I put a flame to it is there any way I can purge this or is the butane stuck

I don’t have a full vac oven just a chamber and heat mat

![image|422x500]
(upload://sqvDa5j3sL9papQx36u6xN3Rbbz.jpeg)

Dude stop making new posts in new threads about your same issue you already made two threads about.

Did you make or buy the glass window in your stomach.

2 Likes