Cured Badder Tek

Been running into some challenges getting a traditional wet looking badder consistency from dried/cured material. I’m able to achive solid badder style results on live material consistently but for some reason all the dry trim runs even when using great starting material end up looking very shiny, sticky, and extremely tough to whip and eventually transfer out of the pyrex.

I’ve looked over the site alot and the badder tech is fairly consistent.
Here is my procedure:

Current Extraction Details

• High-Quality Dry Trim Starting Material
  • Solvent: 70/30 n-butane/propane
  • Injection Temp -58C
  • Minimal Soak Time - N2 Push to Recovery
  • Collection pot at 39C
  • Recover to semi wet pour consistency

Post-Proccessing

• Pour into glass pyrex (thin)
  • Let offgas for 15mins
  • Transfer to hot plate
  • Hot plate surface set to 115F
  • Whip with metal spatula to promote bubbling/foaming throughout heating every few minutes.
  • Continue to whip/spread extract over hot plate until micro-crash and terpenes are hitting hard on the nose.
  • Take temp with laser throughout the process - never exceeds 105F.
  • Transfer to mason jar and cap.
  • Towards end of the process, I’m never able to get the fatty/globby/badder like chunking, only a shiny sticky semi badder like product.

Anyone ever cap jar and put back in oven at mid-90’s for further whipping later>?

I’ve read most of the whipping and badder threads already.
I appreciate the forum and support of all!

Here’s a pic of some solid live badder followed by a vid of sticky cured badder which I’m currently having difficulty with:

7 Likes

Looks fire just gram it up like that bro

5 Likes

Consistency will be different in different batches. Dif terps, more or less fats / lipids that were pulled, even how high you go up on your heating mat will all effect final consistency. So many variables. So much funs.

10 Likes

moxie used to have a video on YouTube describing their tech for badder. that’s where I started. I’ll purge it like shatter and then ship on Pyrex and right BEFORE it starts to get buddery I scrape onto parchment then roll it out with a rolling pin. then I’ll let it sit for 1 to 3 days no vac no heat and voila. defintely has to be terpy to begin with though otherwise you’ll get crumble typically. hope this helps.

8 Likes

Thanks on that note - obviously More terps would promote a more wet consistency if done correctly - really shooting for chunky, rather than pure sticky. Almost impossible to gram it out when it’s like that.

What about solvent temps - is coldest possible best for badder? Thinkin out loud here…

3 Likes

Cold i believe is mostly for conserving terps and not pulling fats

4 Likes

Try the post processing with no heat. It takes longer but it will help you get that wet look.

18 Likes

Appreciate it - still able to get under 1000ppm with cold whip??

1 Like

You can still use a vac w no heat in the end just in case. After u reach desired texture

9 Likes

Thanks StoneD - just trying to find a process that can be repeated somewhat consistently

2 Likes

Fats are stable, so the fats can be causing your badder to come out solid or dry especially if there aren’t a lot of terps present.

I’ve been having issues getting a wet badder consistency due to old leafy trim I’m currently running :sob::joy:

3 Likes
  • Continue to whip/spread extract over hot plate until micro-crash and terpenes are hitting hard on the nose.

^^ cool In freezer or fridge for a couple mins/hr once you start to smell heavy terps.

1 Like

Old post but I thought I’d share. I experimented with the few I had turned out just like the 2nd pic. I put it in the oven just enough to make it easy to stir but not too long to really fry the terps and stir away until it cools down after put it back in the oven and repeat. I was able to get them more into a batter like consistency

1 Like

Only certain strains make a good batter from dry material, I don’t use heat or vacuum for any of mine and get them to undetectable levels consistently, but certain strains won’t do it.

2 Likes

this is the way