Vape-Jet Automatic Cartridge Filler

The Vape-Jet is an automatic cartridge filling solution, that fills between 400 and 1100 cartridges per hour completely automatically. We are proud to say we have the most advanced solution available on the market, and have taken over a year of feedback and real-world filling data to refine and perfect our design.

Notable Features:

• 100% electrical design. No compressed air or pneumatics are used.
  • Pressurized dispense path. We pressurize the dispense path with clean N2 in order to allow low temps to be used through the process, even with highly viscous distillates.
  • Safe dispense path. Our entire dispense path is made from Stainless Steel, PTFE, and Ceramics. Nothing else.
  • Automatic Alignment. We use machine vision and machine learning to fill directly to foam trays without the need to transfer your carts to another jig.
  • Lab-Tested & Calibrated Pump. Every pump we include in our device is independently calibrated and certified. We see a ± .007% variance and ±.006ml accuracy on most pumps.
  • Filling Data. We capture an enormous amount of data while filling, and provide this to the user via reports.
  • Center Post Avoidance. We measure the center-post alignment of every cartridge, and the system can be setup to skip cartridges that are bent beyond acceptable ranges.
  • Remote Support. Every machine we create comes with 1 year warranty and service. Because of our software driven design, we also provide remote assistance, calibration, and troubleshooting for our customers. From inside the machine GUI you can open a chat-window which connects you directly with our entire engineering support team.
  • Adjustable Heights. Because our camera system is entirely motorized, you can easily switch between cartridge types with the push of a single button.

We are more than happy to provide remote demonstrations of the system, as well as in-person demonstrations in our facility in Tigard Oregon.

MEDIA:
Instagram Story / Videos: https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODkxODk2MjIyNDM5MTgw?igshid=1huya6y3w3bvl&story_media_id=2196162276007146257_10175407678

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODYxNjI5Mzg3NTk2MzAw?igshid=fh6s9e4muy02&story_media_id=2185289624715673964_10175407678

2 Likes

We just finished writing the code to allow all V3 machines to fill pod style cartridges! Existing machines will receive the new code update this upcoming Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jhWk1hyWI/

How much?

We say “Call for Pricing” because we do change the pricing slightly depending on production schedule, demand, and location. We are proud of our quality of post-sale service, and the cost of that level of service can be impacted by many factors. I will publicly say that the last machine sold was for ~$24k

** On a side note. I personally hate the “Call for Pricing” game, but people who know much more about business and sales than I do advised me to keep it that way, especially when all competitors do the same. I generally follow the advice of my advisory, because they wouldn’t be an advisory unless I trusted their judgement.**

1 Like

@Killa12345

To continue with the ROI discussion from another thread. (I didn’t want to clutter the discussion of hand-fillers and get spammy.)

Here are the numbers used:

Annotation 2020-02-19 115902

Explained:

Full-Time Filling Employee (8/hr day for filling, 10% overhead, 1000 carts per day.)
Part-Time Lab Tech (2/hr day (during 8 hour shift) for setup, teardown, and reloading. 4000 carts per day.)
Vape-Jet Cost Used: $30,000 (Sticker price)

ROI @ 65 business days.

You also don’t need a $30/hr lab-tech to run the machine with a trained operator.

Startup takes about 15 minutes.
Reloading after 100 takes 120 seconds.
Reloading after 1000 takes 15 minutes.
Cleanup takes 15 minutes. (CIP and software controlled.)

If you select snap-fit tamper-proof style cartridges from the right manufacturer, capping can be automated in another 5 minutes per 100 using alignment jigs and a press.

Yeah but your numbers are terribly skewed. I really think you would be better off selling the thing on real life numbers then skewed numbers to make the sale.

So 30K for your machine. and your machine is going to take a $15 a hr employee for 8 hours and 2 hours for someone more than minimum wage to run the computer. Lets make that more technical person $20 an hour. So for $160 hours of labor a day you state you can fill and cap 4000 or 5000? carts? In you table it looks like the Part time employee only has to work for 2 hours a day total for 4000 carts. Dont have to watch the machine??? HOW do you calculate the ROI in the example above?

Any cleaning cost or is this all included. Nothing needs to come apart??? Nothing replaced?? Mixing terps and oil??? All this included. Dude in the other thread said they increase from 2000 to 5000 with 2 people. Using the Example in from of you. How much is the ROI.

Your numbers are really off. Im sure your doing this on purpose as someone as intellegent as your are to create the software and that machine should be able to calculate the real ROI on this using real numbers.

Where did you get the data from?

So it only takes 2 mins to load 100 carts properly in the jig??? is this going to be a race every single time. What if you dont want to use the carts your asking. I know your working to fill other carts.

We don’t use a Jig… You put the tray into the machine.

No. It only takes 2 hours of labor / day to keep the machine running for an 8 hour shift. I shifted the labor cost from $15 to $30 for Vape-Jet automatic cartridge filling machine to account for someone such as a lab-tech running a machine in addition to their other duties during their shift.

So the labor cost / day of hand filling ($15 * 10% * 8 = $132)
The labor cost / day of Vape-Jet is ($30 * 15% * 2 = $69)

The hand-fill employee for $132 filled 1000 carts.
The Vape-Jet ran by the tech filled 4000 carts.

The cost/fill for hand-filling is therefore 0.132 per cart.
The cost/fill for Vape-Jet is therefore 0.0712 per cart.

The cost difference per cart is therefore .114 per cart.

The number of carts needed at .114 per cart to overcome the initial $30,000 price tag is 261,437 carts.

If filling 4000 carts per day, the ROI is 65 days.

No

No

It doesn’t do that. You need to mix your own terps and oil in batches. An employee dedicated to hand-filling 1000 per day isn’t going to be mixing oil. If you would like, I can re-run the calculations with an additional hour of labor for mixing oils. The ROI goes up to 70 days.

The system doesn’t really care what carts, pods, or capsules you use. The optics are calibrated once for each type to setup the needle offset from the machine vision alignment position.

If you are paying two people $15/hr to fill 5000 per day, the ROI goes to 210 days. That is really pushing two humans to max capacity, doing a shit job that will burn them out fast, and not accounting for training / rehiring / vacation / sick / stoned.

These are the real numbers. My mistake was using the 60 day ROI figure without changing my spreadsheet for 2500 per wook per day from 1000. That is why I immediately edited the original message and pointed people here for the more in-depth.

I am happy to backup my figures, and admit when I am wrong. That was a major fuckup on my part and a brain-fart not updating my spreadsheet to talk apples to apples. I sincerely apologize and have done everything I can to correct it.

The machine has LED indicators to tell an operator when it is running, needs to be reloaded, and if there are any errors. The machine status can be seen from anywhere in the room, and if so requested could trigger ITTT triggers for your own custom alarms :wink:

You can also watch the machine from inside the GUI on your cell-phone if away from the room.

Jig, tray…same thing…so you carts have to be loaded into said tray correct?? this is all done in 120 secs every single time??

No one watches the machine the other 6 hours??? you just set it and forget it like an old ron popeal commercial??

This never needs to be broken down for cleaning and part replacing. Infinite use no replacement parts or cleaning ever???\

Just cause you can view from anywhere…your gonna let this run without monitoring?? really??

Lets just be real. I love your machine. I think the technology packed into it is amazing. Your numbers are not soo much that…

If it ran soo flawless…why the need for shut down and alarms??

and im just playing devils advocate…once again i think your machine is baller

Not when they come from the manufacturer that way :slight_smile:

Why would you unless there an an alarm?

It is entirely CIP (Clean in Place)

1. Remove the top clamp, bulkhead, and seal from the Vape-Jet Reservoir to access the inside, clean all parts with Kimwipes and alcohol. Repeat with bottom plate and seal.

2. Replace bottom plate with seal and clamp, ensuring the clamp is firmly tightened to prevent leaks when under pressure.

3. Place ~250ml of alcohol into the Reservoir and replace the top bulkhead, seal, and top clamp, ensuring clamp is firmly tightened.

4. Place the sealed Reservoir into the Vape-Jet Reservoir holder. NOTE: the top and bottom clamps must be aligned with the dipstick to fit properly in the holder and dispense all product.

5. Connect the Reservoir bulkhead to the Vape-Jet; the dipstick port connects to the Vape-Jet PTFE oil path (semi-clear tube with barbed metal insert in the end) via the Swagelok connector. Insert the end of the PTFE tube all the way into the connector (with retention rings inside/over the barbed insert) and tighten the compression nut with the 9/16" wrench.

6. Connect the nitrogen port of the Reservoir bulkhead to the corresponding quick-connector (barrel style with black PTFE tubing) inside the Vape-Jet.

7. Connect the Molex connector (square white plastic electrical connector with 4 pins) of the Reservoir to the corresponding Molex on the Vape-Jet.

8. Close the door.

9. Turn on the Vape-Jet with the power switch located on the outside lower rear left of the unit.

10. With the regulator valve closed (should be turned counterclockwise until loose), open the primary valve (counterclockwise) on the nitrogen bottle, inspect regulator for leaks.

11. Open the door, hold a cloth or paper towels underneath the Reservoir, and slowly open the regulator to pressurize the Reservoir to about 20psi. If any leak occurs immediately disconnect the Reservoir from the nitrogen supply with the quick-connector, absorb alcohol quickly to prevent damaging the electronics, re-tighten the clamps, reconnect nitrogen, and repeat pressurization.

12. Boot up the facility manufacturing computer and open a web browser.

13. Contact the facility network administrator to obtain the IP address of your Vape-Jet, or call Vape-Jet Customer Support at 971-606-3420 for assistance.

14. Navigate to the Vape-Jet IP address (and bookmark) to load the Graphical User Interface (GUI); turn on the Reservoir, Chamber, and Needle heaters by clicking on their temperature displays in the upper right corner of the GUI, below the video display. The same can be accomplished by clicking the “Turn On All Heaters” button underneath the “Control Functions” tab, located further below the video display.

15. With the Vape-Jet beaker in the filling platform holder, click “Drip Cont.” to move it underneath the needle.

16. From the “Load/Clean” wizard located on the left panel menu of the GUI, follow steps 1 and 2. At step 3, click the “Toggle Valve Bypass” button, allowing alcohol to flow through the oil line. Click it again to stop flow once 10-25ml of alcohol has been dispensed into the drip container (Vape-Jet beaker).

17. Still at step 3 of “Load/Clean”, adjust the “Pump Speed” slider to 1 or 2 (the fastest speed), adjust “Cycle Count” slider to 10, and click the “Clean” button.

18. Click “Loading Position” to move the stage to remove and empty the drip container; replace the beaker and click “Drip Cont.”.

19. Repeat steps 15 and 16 until the Reservoir is empty.

20. Click “Toggle Valve Bypass” to blow any remaining alcohol out of the Reservoir and lines, click again after about 20-30 seconds.

21. Repeat step 15 until there is no liquid alcohol or vapor condensation visible in the syringe.

22. Turn off the Reservoir, Chamber, and Needle heaters by clicking their displays again (or by clicking the “Turn Off All Heaters” button underneath the “Control Functions” tab).

23. Turn off the primary nitrogen valve, and disconnect the nitrogen port of Reservoir from the quick-connector (nitrogen will rush out of the Reservoir, don’t be alarmed).

24. Disconnect the Swagelok connector from the dipstick port of the Reservoir.

25. Disconnect the Molex connector of the Reservoir.

26. Remove the Reservoir from the Vape-Jet, loosen the top clamp, and remove the bulkhead to allow for the loading of product.

https://vape-jet.com/docs//display/KB/1.8+-+Cleaning+Procedure

I welcome it! No hard feelings at all. I appreciate the opportunity to talk and defend my design :slight_smile: Getting called out only improves my messaging and knowledge.

Seems like one hellva cleaning procedure for 15 mins.

So in the 2 hours on running…this person can put 4000 accent cartridges in your tray? fill them all, cap them all? Clean the machine, load the machine 4x

This is what im talking about!!!

Ill call you on that bluff. I got some cash…

The cartridges are already in trays. They are shipped that way.
Fill them all, yes!
Cap them all, depends on the style of cart.
Clean the Machine, yes!
Load the Machine, yes!

And yeah, that procedure is overly verbose. The actual time once trained is about 15 minutes.

This is assuming we are using your carts but most are going to want to use what their business already uses.

How much are the carts that your suggesting for your system to work? which companies are currently supporting your plug in play tray system?

How do you receive your carts?