Thank me later Δ8THC via ptsa

Said I’d drop it so here’s the details of process.

44 Likes

May I replace toulene with heptane?

2 Likes

can you explain why “cannabusiness” is the correct place to drop this SOP?

5 Likes

We finna do buidness wit Dat.

46 Likes

Hemp Boy business plan! seems fitting…

where does this go??

2 Likes

hash/postprocessing?

hempire-building/D8?

5 Likes

Cause it’s a place in cannabusiness that’s for anything. If you’d like to move it to a hemp/D8 thread feel free

2 Likes

Acceptable yes, just keep in mind to degass the heptane via sparging with argon. May need a time elongation but you will be able to visibly see the change as well.

1 Like

i put it in D8 so people in the hemp industry can find it easier! Nice SOP!

5 Likes

Thank you boo :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Look at that reflux time!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

She’s a shorty, 12hrs plus is definitely not needed, maybe at 1%> but at 2% you get much faster cleaner reactions :shushing_face::wink:

5 Likes

COA and pics of final product?

Nice one :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Previous client coa, not distilled the way I would but you get the gist.

If it ain’t clear it ain’t my tek that’s a garuntee, I have photos but I also have 30k photos to go through :joy:

9 Likes

With 1% ptsa and heptane 30 mins at temp , I was seeing high d8 numbers. Awesome sop none the less!

5 Likes

Appreciate you sharing :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

No doubt you can get it at high % D8 with 1% ptsa but the reaction won’t be as clean or as fast. I’ve done 15kg successfully at a time no variances from 1kg runs. Only time. This is the % I found comfortable & fool proof.

1 Like

To be fair I have only done said rxn 3x but results were consistent

12 Likes

That d9 hump lookin’ mighty thicc

8 Likes

Every time I read “1:1,” no one specifies that they mean by that - whether its 1 kg solvent per kg substrate, or 1 L solvent per kg substrate. I’ve been assuming L/kg.

What is the largest batch size you’ve attempted this at? 2% ptsa diluted in 1 L per kg strikes me as not enough solvent to temper the exotherm. When you charge acid to the solution at 75 C, I imagine it shoots to like 110C in a matter of minutes?

4 Likes