THC distilation

you need to stop using SPD and get you a modular wiped filim distiller my dear bro

How is that helpful to someone converting CBD to unknown chemical soup in the privacy of their home?

You have a lead on a $500 WFE?

1 Like

I use p-Tsa and hexane, sulfuric acid and alcohol. What could be the cause of the terrible taste and color?

1 Like

How much reading have you done on the subject?

Where? (Reddit & Facebook are generally low quality info).

Tons of stuff here on both isomerization and distillation.

You can get here after distillation

Assuming you have no access to analytics, you might want to learn TLC so you can have some idea on the purity of your work.

2 Likes

I read a lot here on the forum. I used hexane and 1.5% p-Tsa, but it got terribly hot when I added the acid. I later used 1% p-Tsa and it also became very dark. I don’t know anymore

sounds like you didn’t read up on how this reaction should be performed. controlling the temp of that exothermic reaction is mission critical. check these

…and maybe start with EXACTLY what you did. if you tried several approaches, list them all.

if you can’t describe exactly what you did, in a manner that allows others to repeat it, then the likelihood of following someone else’s SOP to a T is low.

my understanding is that sulphuric acid will lead to more side products, but isomerization isn’t a trick I’ve performed more than a handful of times.

the water clear 90+ % D8 shown above was a “training” run. I was in the lab to see the SOP run first hand, so I could teach it to another lab with confidence. had the next guys making very similar quality within the allotted week.

new to SPD? try these:

edit: no, I haven’t read them recently.

3 Likes

dearest bro, i still would recommkend a wiped film distilling column for this bros application of

Dear Bro, thank you for the quality of your responses…

a sublimator such as @beaker used would be more appropriate than a WFE

Sublimation for purification of cbd derived delta 8

2 Likes

yes, you are correct dearest bro and I thank you for replying with a more quality of respense in a time sensistive manner

For me, short-path distillation is black magic… I will have to give up, which is a pity because I have already tried many different things.
Thank you for all the answers

Chances are it was pretty close to black magic for these folks too…

…but I don’t disagree, you should probably stop making unknown cannabinoids and huffing them to see what you’ve made until you have figured out how to clean up the reaction

Is there any way to clean the oil apart from washing it? Is it possible to bypass distillation?

when its time dear bro i recommend a wiped film distiller column over spd

buddy, could you show me what this set looks like?

Is there anyone on the forum who sells distillation kits? I am asking you for help

1 Like

@Killa12345 can probably hook it up, so can @goldleaf_scientific @Sidco_Cat @AlexSiegel and a few others.

@AlexSiegel has some really cool tech for budget conscious people

3 Likes

How much can such a basic distillation kit cost?

Are you washing?

Did you not see what folks are using on the four “first timer spd” threads?

Have you tried searching?!? Search results for 'Distillation setup #classifieds' - Future4200

Eg: WTB 250ml or 500ml spd setup to learn on

Yes, water and water with soda until the PH is 7

1 Like