Separation Anxiety (mechanical)

It was going too slow with those small plastic tubes so I fixed that.

At 10,000 rpm the JA rotor will self heat to 140 degrees. Approximately 600 grams can be processed with in 30 minutes using these inserts.

26 Likes

Nice looking isolate… How’s it test?

1 Like

should see the jar/bucket versions ^^

1 Like

Glass jars cannot withstand 17,000 g’s.

6 Likes

Oh nooooooo

2 Likes

Bravo!!!

I’m assuming that’s 140F?

I’m going back for my freebie Monday!!

@thesk8nmidget ?!?

Nope!!

I solved my “shatter” problem, but I don’t have screens that will take even 2000g’s reliably, but that is now on the short list.

7 Likes

That is 140F.
I utterly destroyed the chemtek screens so I designed and machined these inserts which work like a champ.

6 Likes

I see you’re working the same problem that I just solved.

2 Likes

Looks great.

I found a nice 3200 RPM fuge with heating and cooling (-10Cmax) that can hold 6 1L containers.

The asking price is 45 euro :slight_smile: The issue is it weights 400kg and door to my lab is 5cm too narrow to fit the bastard. I wonder if it wouyld be safe to slightly dissasemble it to fit inside and put it back togather. Also I guess it should ideally by hard connected to the ground.

8 Likes

Nice work! No post purification? That level of separation was strictly achieved with the fuge?

What you see is simply by centrifugation.

4 Likes

Let’s grab it!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah, but only because I broke a CUP-30 with only 40hrs on it trying to get past glass jars.

Decided it was worthwhile doubling back for the lower hanging fruit while I pondered the error in my ways.

Are those Alu inserts?

4 Likes

Just need a little support

A better basket would be ideal, but this will get you pretty high in RCF with the cold brew strainers. Increases transfer loss if you’re not careful tho

4 Likes

If it works, then I think you got such a good deal you could put in a new door that would fit the centrifuge…then you wouldn’t possibly fuck up the machinery(I wouldn’t want to do it and put it back together, but that’s me)
Good luck!

2 Likes

They are aluminum. I designed and made them as I have a machine shop as well. I can offer similar parts if anyone is interested. Of course, being custom work it’s not too inexpensive though.

2 Likes

plastic won’t hold up to 17,000 RCF and 140F

1 Like

17k Royal Canadian Fucks.

Posting this until I figure out what RCF actually means, Cunningham-style.

3 Likes

Nope, but it’ll make it up to 3200ish which is the limit of the fuge. Does break jars occasionally, so not ideal

Metal buckets and strainers would definitely be preferable

1 Like

These help…

…but those supports won’t work as is with these

9 Likes