Centrifuge w fritted filter

Please read the previous convo before your post, the last 10comments or so regard exactly your question.

4 Likes

I have read them comments but still confused on where to find any type of jar or ss container with similar dimensions of 10cm x 7.5cm

I spent hours looking last night and wondering if the type of centrifuge is cheap because of the obscure dimensions for the buckets

Looks like those have 280mL baskets, most have 500-1000 for bigger units

You’d probably be best with a 50/100mL tube adapter, you might be able to find an 8oz jar that fits

1 Like

thank you!

mason jars are fine. Just be sure to use some foam or a some kind of a spacer to ensure the jar isn’t moving around in the bucket.

Do you?

What have you read on the subject?

No amount of reading will magically make jars that fit your buckets appear. Understanding that BEFORE purchasing could certainly have been achieved…

Have you noticed that there are relevant links both at the top of the thread, and interspersed through out?

Eg: from Separation Anxiety (mechanical)

Starting here may help: YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

These are pretty close to a 16oz canning jar. Unfortunately they won’t fit in your rotor.

7.5cm x 11cm is 530ml, so chances are you’re (also) looking for a 500ml/16oz container.

If jars don’t fit, what are your options?

1. build spacers
  2. build support and screen
  3. try another fuge
1 Like

Managed to find suitable sized mason jars secured with foam inserts, 25 micron rosin bags and approx 90min at 3500rpm in the fuge and the results are incredible.

By far the most impressive way after spending years decarbing in a sealed mason jar, the difference in potency from the properly de-carbed THCA is very noticeable

Also tested out cottonless carts from a vendor here and they are equally impressive, the difference in the taste of terpenes is big compared with the other 3 cotton based carts I was using

1 Like

Be careful with high RCF and glass jars. They shatter quite easily

2 Likes

wood you bewailing to share that tech im use a centrifuge and no luck

its all in the OP buddy lol

put extract in tubes, make sure they all weight the same, spin for 1-2 hours.

are you using the filtered tubes or rosin bag?

Question for all the fuge users and decarbers;

Is there a noticeable change in taste from the terps if you spin off the resin, decarb and then recombine together and leave in a jar in a fridge for a couple of weeks?

As opposed to doing the same but carting up straight away? thanks

1 Like

I’m curious about this as well.
definitely a noticeable difference if you do this with badders (IME)… not a different profile, but just a better/stronger nose
But I haven’t really noticed it as much with decarb’ed and remixed live for carts…

If you’re decarbing resin slowly and properly there’s not a significant difference IMO. True connoisseurs can tell the difference but I am not one of those people. I would hypothesize the general population wouldn’t be able to discern the difference.

Ive done batches where I poured off the terps before decarbing and ones where I was honestly in a bad mood and lazy and said fuck it and left them in and tbh i couldnt tell you which one is which, as long as you dont overcook and you decarb under pressure youll be fine.

1 Like

Im definitely seeing a difference with spinning off the terps first with the fuge rather than decarbing low and slow without spinning them off, but just wondering if there is a difference of carting up straight after mixing the hte with the decarbed thca together

or leaving the mix in a fridge for a week and then into carts, does the terp profile change?

oh i misunderstood my bad.

terp profile should not change if its sealed and not introduced to any heat, youre g2g in a fridge for a week or whatever IMO.

1 Like

Centrifuge is on it’s way!

I purchased some 50mL tubes with filters but there are no fritted filter inserts, just round filters. That won’t work for me.

I’m in Canada so sourcing these can be fun. Amazon wants me to spend nearly $200 to get 25 tubes and filter baskets, half of which is shipping!

Do you know where I can get just those fritted filter inserts? I am just doing some tests so only need 2-4 (45u… or anything really. I can replace filters) to fit the 50mL tubes at the moment.

41ITw-8LAcL1

Thanks!

I am in the same situation. Here in the states, but didn’t exactly want to drop $100+ on just the vial to give it my first attempt haha.
Anyone know of a spot with smaller quantities - or an alternative that would be better regardless?

Shooting ya a msg joshman - I will probably buy a batch if I don’t find anything and could just sell ya a handful n send them

1 Like

yeah buy the tubes and 25mic 2inch rosin bags

1 Like

@durr is on point.

You might could add something along the lines of

https://www.amazon.com/BAOLSLS-Screens-Stainless-Portable-Cleaning/dp/B09ZHF6L8Y/

Which might already be in your old cannabis combustion kit if I’m reading their label correctly.

Aka find and assortment of at your local head shop…

Or run just the SS screen after sourcing the correct OD and mesh/micron rating. Somewhere between 1 and 100um, and it varies depending on what you’re spinning IMO

I am in no way claiming 5/8 is the correct OD. But it’s not an unreasonable first guess.