YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

They weren’t successful, the baskets still got crushed because they busted out the crimping on the flange instead

1 Like

We use the style i designed every day and it allows us to increase the speed about 80%. The sides of the screen where the seam is eventually give out though.

3 Likes

we actually lost a couple (3?) at the flange recently.

best guess is that the ratio of sup to ppt was abnormal, and we just had too much weight up top.

baskets may already have been failing at the seam when loaded.

4 Likes

Do you have any for sale? What kinda load/RCF can they handle?

Just got my CLT55 from @Waxplug1. Ran some wide mouth jars with the short baskets that come with it up to 800 RCF with no issues. Only had about 50g in each basket and ran for a couple hours. Not sure how hard you can push those Lil guys :sweat_smile:

I wouldn’t run them in glass jars. pretty sure we’ve deformed the stainless milk jugs we’re using with them. I also believe I’ve posted the rcf we are getting out of them. on the order of 2k iirc. couldn’t tell you where. other than “solved my shatter problem” is probably a decent search key

4 Likes

Saw your post about the stainless cups that fit. Thank you for that!

Also saw your post about 4000 rpm and backing to 2000 which equated to just over 800 RCF. I can’t find it atm but thank you for that as well!

1 Like

awesome. that sounds about right. above that they tend to fail radially (at the side seam), then at the top flange. a band around the waist might solve that and I thought I saw @Waxplug1 heading in that direction.

1 Like

What causes winterized unactivated crude to crystalize sometimes, and sometimes it just stays uniform?

I think a lot of it depends on how much residual solvent is in there and if the oil has been decarbed or not, being decarbed, it won’t crystallize.

2 Likes

Depends on a lot of things, first thing to check would be d9 amount, partially decarbed can prevent crystallization a LOT!

Your extract needs to be low enough in viscosity to allow crystals to form, this can be accomplished by 2 things increasing temperature and or solvents/terpenes.

2 Likes

Done lots of potency testing on loads of reCx’s.
At around 30%+ THC to thcA, you will run into crystallization issues plus ALL the other compound in the mother liquor…that said we have had centrifuged mother liquor sitting for over a year and the thcA will crash out and settle.
Someone show me an economical way to separate thcA wiithin a post centrifuged high THC mother liquor environment and i would be very happy

2 Likes

4 Likes

The bug becomes the feature.

3 Likes

yo i’ve been searching and reading hella and i literally just keep ending up here… Do those fritted tubes work with the 50ml fuge from viking supply or off amazon ?? thanks

1 Like

Yes they do

Don’t buy from Viking supply, just a rebranded ld-3 from Amazon

And as @ky_cbd said, yes they do

1 Like

No matter the centrifuge as long as 50 ml capacity our tubes will work, we do highly recommend this heated centrifuge, it is extremely heavy duty it won’t vibrate and We’ve ran these for literal days on end with out ever having an issue, pay no attention to Fickle Pickle hes just a hater

You obviously dont know about our heavy duty, heated centrifuge- were the lowest cost in the industry Heavy Duty Heated Centrifuge 6 x 50ml

1 Like

They’re not talking about that one tho.

Your ld-3 is 225, they’re about 150-180 on Amazon. I get some discrepancy, but 50% more is a lot.

Yours is yellow, the others are beige.

I’ll say the tubes you get aren’t pricey for singles.

We’ve been through this before, y’all rebranded a cheap piece of shit, and charged a 100% mark up. I could give a shit less about your Heavy duty fuge when it has pretty good odds to be another rebranded piece garbage

Just a hater of people doing shitty business, taking advantage of someone’s ignorance. Says a lot about you and Viking supply