YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

Pictures or it didn’t happen

:shushing_face:

3 Likes

Yes dear bro.

Check out the picture of windchime tek.

Material column suspended in mid air much like solvent tank.

Were you not aware what that part of the extractor was called?!?

3 Likes

Hey there I do like what you’ve recommended but can you share your experience with what you’ve tried? This seems to be my bottleneck in Rexing and I hope someone has found a good option, I have the LD from amazon (not viking, I agree with @FicklePickle ) it works well but im running it constantly and I’d rather buy one that doesn’t run all day/night

I’ve broken glass jars at 4000rpm, it’s not catastrophic

It’s usually the metal baskets that go first and take out the glass, rather than the glass failing first.

I’ve documented a non-glass solution, and listed the rcf we are using.

Read.

Or just get in there and fucking try it.

3 Likes

I have read this whole thread cyclopath, your method seems a bit dangerous and personally I’d rather not go that route which is why I wasn’t asking you for a recommendation. I do see others have posted what they use (beckman or allegra) but those are only a few options. Either way I found an answer to my own question.

I found a website that sells used centrifuge and lab equipment.

I’m used to the concept that “dude, that’s dangerous!”…however, I’m constantly surprised to find myself the most safety conscious one in the room.

I don’t disagree that glass jars are not ideal, which is why “my” method does not use them.

Remember, once upon a time all centrifuge bottles and tubes were made of glass…

They work, and even when they don’t, it’s not that difficult to recover from…even made a thread so folks could explore that facet… How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

Spinning a glass jar to destruction inside an Alu bucket is entirely different to spinning the Alu bucket to destruction.

The mass is contained. It has be redistributed, and will definitely cause an imbalance if you don’t destroy the jars in pairs, but it won’t hurt you or the fuge based on my experience and the huge number of other folks playing the same trick.

Have you read Separation Anxiety (mechanical)? Or Sauce Spinning for Carts 101 Video

Are you looking at the links below the first post in any given thread?

You’ve found someone who can sell you a fuge. I recommend you get one with self balancing built into the rotor. If you get one with 1000ml buckets, you’ll probably need to have bottles/cups/screens fabricated.

Why do you think I’ve showed folks how NOT to use glass jars?

Hint: G.seconds. It’s what counts. I recommend on the order of 5million

1 Like

Thank you for the links and info cyclopath, I actually had not see a few of those links and I appreciate the knowledge.

Im thinking of staying under 1000ml if possible. The 600 seemed more reasonable, the LD3 with 50ml tubes works but sucks super hard with having to continually run it.

1 Like

Yeah, my first response on 600ml buckets was to 3-D print inserts to hold 6x50ml tubes. Great, we can spin 24 of the fuckers, but this is stupid.

the cool kids are spinning jars

Yeah? That’s stupid too. Guess we ought should try it…

Take a canning jar with you…pretty sure it’s the 600ml buckets you’re after if you want to run the stainless cups I use OR the ones @Waxplug1 can supply.

Custom cups for 750 or 1000ml rotors are doable.

Most but not all folks are using swinging bucket rotors. You can definitely get the job done faster with a fixed angle rotor, but again, you need to custom fab the rest of the setup.

Oh shit. You weren’t asking me…

:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Lol! Wow, I’ll definitely have a custom rotor made because that’s just ridiculous looking lol

Lol thats ok! I appreciate the help either way, thank you :blush:

1 Like

I suspect that particular fuge came in the door with two adapters for four 50ml tubes?

Pretty sure the tubes were on site already. Suggesting they had started with something smaller.

@pmakuta09 had some strainers/retainers locally fabricated, and is probably going to try again. He might be willing to share what he had built.

Pretty sure @Waxplug1 was working on something similar as well. Didn’t see it for sale on his website last time I went looking, but it’s been a bit.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Psilocybin Extraction Basket

Thank you again for the insight and share. I like to reread and go back a lot, as it’s always learning and can be, “2 steps backwards, to get 1 step forward”, as an expression I enjoy.

You mentioned heating up to “44C”… Now I started doing initial heat ups at 110F for a short time and in the L550 chemtek. it helped spin off thick crude to get the sand or diamonds, for ease of access. Yet to save a long moment of too many variables during times of high viscosity mother liqours… I began to notice if one were to strain even a lower viscosity hte from diamond or sugar crash. Purge mother liqour (mostly poured off) and thca product for a 79F-83f @ -10 to-13Hg (calibrating needed on oven gauges lol play by feel) depending on material for 5 days (not looking too decarb yet) Now if i were to warm my product up before the non-cooled swing arm fuge, through 25mc fuge bags… the HTE gains a higher viscosity after a spin. not using the sweat baskets and try to decrease on oxidization, but notice the slightest bump of too much heat kills a low viscosity finish of HTE and potentially damaging low BP terp preservation. Very interested to hear your thoughts. Thank you again

3 Likes

this may be a dumb question, but did those come with the filters? or did you have to purchase those separately?

They come with the frit tube as well. They did go up in price a bit from then.

Centrifugal Filters .45µm PTFE, 23mL, 50/pkg. https://a.co/d/isr0InI

2 Likes

Just like everything else, unfortunately…

Putting some picture of the stuff im processing right now.
Trying some different way to see the outcome.
Mexican outdoor bud.
Seeded whit .1 of buddered shatter.
90 to 95F for 5 days.

I Will post picture of result later today.
Now its in the fuge

1 Like

3 Likes

@HowToWeed turned this thread into a youtube video for our literately challenged friends

6 Likes

A remediation step in your initial extraction would improve the quality of your starting crude and give you a cleaner isolate upon separation.

Those tubes suck, get the real ones with the Frit Fritted Separation Centrifuge Tube 50ML (35ML above frit, 15ML below f

1 Like