Sauce Spinning for Carts 101 Video

@Waxplug1 and ChemTek for the centrifuge and bags (baskets aren’t really useful yet unless you have an extract with a decent amount of solvent / terps, but they have a fix coming for that)

@Dred_pirate answered all my dumb questions before we did this, @Waxplug1 hooked it up with the customer service all around

16 Likes

Don’t let brad Robertson from guild know you just infringed his patent. Wonder if chemtek is liable.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how many cart makers don’t know the tech, still using distillate and decarbing homogenized sugar to spike the distillate. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Rofl. Dude is beat on ancient tech. I’m like 99% sure you can’t patent “centerfugal seperation” it’s seriously old old tech.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Whatcha spinning? Looks like you spun eggs with different colored yokes

3 Likes

He has lots of unpaid bills

2 Likes

Pretty much the same as @Future, only from our scrap pile…needed something to try in the new fuge yesterday, grabbed any old thing…

The jars said “lava cake” and “bag run”. They looked horrible.

They were dropped into a Pyrex and “homogenized” (ok mixed) before loading, so the different color “yolks” came as a surprise.

I think the “yolk” is about how they warmed up as it spun.

Using the containers that fit in our 600ml buckets. Looks like they will work till we can find or make something bigger.

Didn’t get them spun through, decided NOT to go with a three day spin on the first run…having broken stuff with that trick twice now (glass, which we don’t use any more, but still…)

4 Likes

Spinning glass jars is not brilliant. It works. Until it doesn’t. And then you’ve got a mess, and possibly a horribly unbalanced centrifuge (which is the bigger issue).

See: How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

6 Likes

Why is everyone so excited about 2019 cart tek?? Is there something I missed?

5 Likes

People arent reading consciously enough :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mesh loaded with powders?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:shushing_face:

Nothing to see here…

1 Like

Is decarbing for a cart necessary? I loaded an AVD sample with a terpy well winterized batch that i didn’t decarb. taste is definitely only point and I cant say its ineffective.

1 Like

God if I could get a dollar for every jar I broke or basket I blown…….

2 Likes

…you could afford a real solution?

My solution to both of those was inexpensive and documented…toss the glass and support the baskets

2 Likes

I do that with my carts currently. The only heat they get is enough to reach the melt point during fill up. The issue is that they often crystalize. I simply hit them with a Bic lighter and melt it before I take a rip. Works 100% of the time but the custys always complain. If your cart crystalizes and you don’t melt it before hitting you will taste the burnt cart coils or something burnt lol

3 Likes

There is a lot more to the centrifuge besides making diamonds/carts with it. You can make any consistency perfect by separating the extract and then redissolving it back together with the proper ratios of sauce/thca

11 Likes

Make shatter glassy again

3 Likes

Rosin?