New to closed Loop: Zero solvent flow? Diptube?!?

Sup guys,

Im new in the extraction sector , I started with a small pressured BHO extrator , and just upgraded to a “maybe too huge” closed loop system…I have some basic missing here and I need help before I blow myself up haha…

Someone that know that pretty well can come in privite and help me a bit ?

3 Likes

Pics?

5 Likes

The more info and background and pics the better more accurate answers you’ll get

4 Likes

There’s a vid of someone doing a passive cls run from start to finish.

I’d recommend watching that and posting as much info and questions here as possible.

Do you research, and when you think you have enough, do some more.

No spoons here, sorry man, I am of the opinion you need to do the research before you play.

Ask away, we’ll all answer questions here, I strongly suggest doing research over asking for the info to be handed over.

3 Likes

Here’s a good place to start. Watch the video.

Closed loop 101

If you have questions DM me. I’d be willing to take a look at your equipment.

2 Likes

Totally agree with your mindset , Ive done the same , though i was ready , so i bought all piece and made my setup…then first try , no presure went in for some reason , I mean…You see the video of someone doing it and everything goes fine haha you do the same and forget some basic you dont know about and nothing work…just asking for some advice here …but yes …im googling it at the same time haha.

1 Like

Dont judge the mess :slight_smile: but here is the beast…

2 Likes

So ive put the beast in ice (not dry ice cause it not really avaible where i live , unless i make it with extinctor)

Ive done a full vaccum inside the beast before I start doing anything (-30)
I connected the valve from the BVV butane tank to the top and opened it. Pressure went higher but didnt see any liquid butane goes in. I also have a tank scale and it didnt move that much.

So i put some hot water under my tank and I got 3LB of butane that went inside my column. (it supposed to contain 10) …after the 3 LB nothing…

Ill post a video of the butane that goes in…it was way too slow i think

also at the end I started to have some butane in my reservoir but it was clear …without oil in it…

Soooo i guess i messed up at a few place

Tip your bvv tank upside down (not saying this is a best practice) lol

Those tanks don’t have a dipstick, the knob the do have is a vapor port.

Putting the tank in hot water just filled your column full of gas. And then what is in your collection is recondensing due to it being in/on ice.

6 Likes

lol yea butane is going out now …lol your a genious…

2 Likes

Is it gonna be the same with my recovery tank ?

I have that one #50

1 Like

Recovery tank has a diptube

Another member was having a similar issue last week in this thread No return?!

3 Likes

This makes three!!

Why my bomb no workie?

Requires dipstick…

Edit: #%%< sorry. Diptube!

Cross linked to No return!? and DIY Closed Loop Extractor

8 Likes

Can I suggest doing this outside ?

11 Likes

I second this. Props on the exhaust fan, butttt…while learning your system (and this entire process) I would recommend working in outside or in somewhere with no sources of ignition.

6 Likes

And no, I’m just a guy that sits on future4200 reading (and participating in conversations when I feel I can contribute) all day…

11 Likes

Believe or not, that’s something a lot of people have done.

Also, until you get a n2 tank you’ll need to have a temp differential, the solvent wants to move to the coldest spot.

You’re fighting vapor pressure, that’s why the gas isn’t flowing.

5 Likes

I would love to…but I cant … :frowning:

1 Like

Ive seen multiple implementations of “turn the 100lb tank upside down”. Only one that looked even remotely safe…but giving your girls the vapors just doesn’t get the job done :wink:

2 Likes

I bough a ignition and explosion free exhaust fan 12 inch…in case of a gas leak …but yeah …I know doing it outside would be the best but right now I cant …

Im building a new place for this during the winter and ill have the perfect place for it in like 4 month

2 Likes