Soak time BHO

I just used a 3cfm. It pulled vac. Not completely but it pulled down. I was expecting it to build pressure faster then I could vacuum it out but it made down there before it equalized out. After watching for bit I needed the oven back and gave up. You can deffinatly pull vac on dry ice in your oven tho just not completely.

1 Like

Thx and interesting let’s yust update each other on findings
The concept of cold or hot vapors to cool or heat systems is a nice one

1 Like

Forsure. Deffinatly keep ya posted. A little off subject but, Have you heard of using a coil in shell HX on you rig to cross you lines between you material columns and crc with the coil side and run you hot recovery vapors threw the shell. It works really well to precondense butane into a 50/50 vapor/liquid before you main condenser. It also heats up your extract exiting the material columns before it goes into the crc so you can ectravt cold but filter warm making the powder a bit more efficient and it also saves me 25 percent on dry ice. I used a 6" triclamp coil for solvent tanks with the dip tube cut off inside a 6x48 spool. 32ft half inch coil. Works amazing. Just thought I’d share. Boomtown is the one I got the idea from.

3 Likes

Let me throw this idea out to ya. Terp harvesting. Load up a column, heat the jacket to 120f then run a line to from the bottom of the material column to a coil in liquid nitrogen then from the coil to a diamond miner in the same ln2 pot as your coil then connect your vac pump to the miner. Slowly inject some nitrogen to sweep the material column pushing the warm terp vapors into the coil then into the miner for collection well still maintaining a vac. Then run the column and extract the rest.

1 Like

Yes an option that works yields are horrible thou

2 Likes

Yeah 1 to 4 percent max I hear

1 Like

Where I worked it was 60min soaks on co2 chilled material columns. I will say 90% of the time material being run was the culprit for problematic results. 10% of the time it was fresh frozen that had thawed and been refrozen. ice ice baby, no good.

Anyone know the best method of drying, and packing, and timing of column blast? I only have access to cured high quality buds. Right now I’m doing closed column with open blast into Pyrex, Mason, or Ptfe paper…. It’s always dark and it’s always a bit harsh. Doesn’t matter how many coffee filters, organic cotton, Ashless paper, and even cutting micron filter press sleeves and cutting them to make filters in a 3in Denard extension filter piece dividíng it (6 larger holes)

1.5in column with dewaxing sleeve.

Am I soaking it too long? (I’ve done gravity immediate blast and up to 20 mins soak. The two are both dark, with the latter giving me 25% of green gold brown oil color turning black once a couple inches thick.

TLDR best way to close column blast primo buds, and no residuals? I’m about to buy a CRC kit hahaha if I don’t figure this out

Green is generally a sign of water…

As you’re not recovering your solvent, you must be getting it in there with your “cured” buds…

Where did you acquire them?
How long ago were they harvested?
How have you stored them?

Are you using the dewaxing sleeve?

Warm butane will get the goods, but it’s not gonna hit your target.

How do you plan to get your saturated solvent through a CRC?

You’d be better off upgrading to a CLS so you have better control of your extraction first.

What temp are you purging off solvent?

1 Like

honestly never really soak just run a bunch of gas through slow n cold never had any issues on return % and make some top shelf extracts

lore suggests it works better if you use liquid…

Are you using a CLS @N710ate?

1 Like

do you know how old your nugs are? dark usually means you’re extracting too warm or the chlorphyll in your bud has degraded over time. you can mitigate some of the dark colour from old bud by doing super short (<2 min) runs at like -40 C

2 Likes

closed loop all day , and yeah always chill solvent to keep a liquid phase

heres some of my work with live resin jst cold low n slow pushed solvent through and reset for the next run , i have done soaks while doing other methods as well but ive never seen a diff in return weight personally

1 Like

So is this a response to @Nimo (two days ago, doesn’t have a CLS & has green extract)

or to @GreenSmoke (two years ago), our OP for this thread?

…cause @Nimo (for instance) might not get that it matters.

Can you explain how @Nimo could achieve that on the closed column?

They do have a dewaxing sleeve, but based on “green” I’m guessing they’re not using it (which is why I asked)….

1 Like

@Nimo imo you’d get a lot more out of this if you were an active participant in exploring your process…

You’ve got two folks with suggestions best accomplished in a CLS, and you have also made one…

Are you waiting to purchase a CLS before exploring further, or do you have some other reason for wandering away without responding to folks who are trying to help you figure this out?

Colder! And your marterial may just be old or improperly stored or cured happens from time to time. A lot of people.dont think this is extraction stuff until they decide to blast ?

I’m not the biggest fan but you could run some media that would help but personally it makes the exact taste and smell way diff

Not sure you’re paying attention @N710ate

(That’s the WHY behind asking YOU if you were using a CLS…)

How exactly could @Nimo

in their closed column set up?

Not saying it can’t be done; I am asking you to think about how your advice might be best implemented

How cold can @Nimo run the solvent into the closed column before getting it back out becomes an issue?

How would they solve that?
Do you imagine they have the tooling on hand?
Or would someone need to explain it just a smidge more?

You may be correct that it’s the material…

But I suspect it is a particular aspect of said material, not that it’s old or improperly stored.

@Nimo believes they are using primo material…

Not saying any of your advice is wrong (if running a CLS)…but it’s not specific enough if the person you’re advising doesn’t have the required gear.

@Nimo: have you decided to upgrade to a CLS yet?

You seem to expect the answer to be handed to you without the need to answer questions from the rest of the class.

That’s not how this place works dear bro.

When you don’t respond to those questions, you severely limit your ability to acquire the answers you seek…not only that, the folks reading along by at home, who are also trying to figure this shit out, ALSO learn less.

Your call.

But you did ask…

1 Like