New tank , do I need a dip tube?

I just got a used solvent tank that originally is from Xtractor Depot. It’s jacketed and has a 6in tri clamp opening at the top . My question is do I need an end cap with a built in dip tube to be able to properly run my system ?

1 Like

short answer: yes

long answer: you could go with a variation on the wind chime tek and dangle that thing upside down to get the liquid out, but that’s probably one of those REALLY Bad Idea’sTM

edit: double check that none of those other ports have dip-tubes, and also check they didn’t give you a port on the bottom.

22 Likes

Thanks dood!

2nd question: any idea where I could acquire said dip tube ?

(I checked and there is no dip tube on my unit or a bottom spout/drain…)

You said it was from xtractor depot right?

That’s where I would start then bud

3 Likes

Double dip tube imo. You could ask @Killa12345

1 Like

Only 4” due to pressure ratings

2 Likes

That’s what she said

6 Likes

Have @Soxhlet put a couple of bored through 1/2” swagelok fittings in a six in cap for you.

6 Likes

Could i get some sort of 6 to 4 inch reducer then get the dip tube end cap from you or keep looking for the 6 inch version ?

I did . First place i checked . If they have it, its not searchable on their website.

i bet @Soxhlet could make this in a few hours. he’s the answer for this 100%

5 Likes

The only other place i know of (at least use too) is open source steel and i would absolutely no buy there’s. I did and the dip tube was half welded, your best bet for best quality is @Soxhlet

1 Like

Shucks @cyclopath , @Killa12345 , and @Concentrated_humbold , thanks for the plug!

6 Likes

I’ve got some 1.5" triclamp x 1/2" fnpt diptubes × 48" Length. You can throw on a 6" Lid with a 1.5" Port and cut the diptube to length. I’m not sure where to find a 6" Lid with welded diptube. However you can always order a 6" lid and some 1/2" tubing and take it down to a local welder.

2 Likes

https://www.glaciertanks.com/search.cgi?keywords=Dip+tube

3 Likes

Cheaper if you make em but this works in a pinch:

https://products.swagelok.com/en/c/mto-base-product/p/S-810-1-8BT

1 Like

First turn the tank over and look at the bottom, if there is an buldge the dip tube goes there which is probably one the side hook ups not the middle

Take picture of the bottom the tank. I almost bet it’s one those side hook ups not the 6inch…that just needs splate or sight glass rated and it’s for getting in there to clean it

Hey when someone does quality work more than happy to recommend them, especially with this stuff its not the thing to skimp on.

1 Like

All there dip tubes come out of the lid. Since its jacketed even less likely there’s a bottom outlet.

3 Likes

I had to play the “whats in stock” game to make it work for ya, but this is how you could add that diptube. A bit ugly, but you have enough ports for your Pressure gauge/PRV setup, and an n2 assist/recovery pathway (Or you could just cap them seeing as your tank already has other places for that)… I did not finish this for you, so add the necessary parts which are easily accessible and in stock

Hope this helps!

2 Likes