New OLCC rules for artificially derived cannabinoids and CRC

Compliance_2021_04.pdf (472.7 KB)

Here is some additional information about what this means for particular categories of products:

• Concentrates or Extracts processed with Color Remediation Column (CRC): OLCC is aware that some Processors treat concentrates or extracts with reactive materials like bleaching clay. Bleaching clay reacts with the cannabinoids in a concentrate or extract to generate artificially derived cannabinoids. Concentrates or extracts processed in this manner prior to January 1, 2022 can continue to be sold until July 1, 2022. Concentrates or extracts processed in this manner on or after January 1, 2022 are not eligible for transfer to other licensees.

• Delta-8-THC: Until July 1, 2022, a licensee may transfer, sell, transport, purchase, possess, accept, return, or receive any marijuana or hemp item containing artificially derived Delta-8-THC if it was manufactured before January 1, 2022 and meets the other requirements of OAR 845- 025-1310(3).
Page | 4 of 12 OLCC Compliance Education Bulletin CE2021-04 Recreational Marijuana Rules (Effective January 1, 2022)

• Delta-9-THC: Artificially derived Delta-9-THC (e.g. Delta-9-THC manufactured from CBD) is not eligible to be transferred under these rules.

• “THCO,” HHC, etc.: OLCC is aware of a variety of novel artificially derived cannabinoids being sold online in the hemp market. We are not aware of any of these products currently being sold in the OLCC market because they are generally prohibited by OAR 845-025-3220(3). Sale of these artificially derived cannabinoids will continue to be prohibited because they are impairing or intoxicating so they cannot meet the requirements in OAR 845-025-1310(1).

• CBN: All existing artificially derived CBN products manufactured prior to January 1, 2022 can continue to be sold until July 1, 2022. Beginning July 1, 2022, artificially derived CBN products made prior to January 1, 2022 can only continue to be sold if they meet the requirements of OAR 845-025-1310(3) and the labeling requirements in OAR 845-025-7140. Artificially derived CBN products made on or after January 1, 2022 also need to meet the requirements of OAR 845- 025-1310(3) and, beginning July 1, 2022, comply with the labeling requirements in OAR 845-025- 7140. Beginning July 1, 2023, any artificially derived CBN products must meet the same requirements as any other artificially derived cannabinoid. See OAR 845-025-1310(1).

This rule does not prohibit a Processor from manufacturing artificially derived cannabinoids as long as the processing otherwise complies with OLCC rules and Oregon law. That manufacturing is effectively limited to research and development purposes only unless the artificially derived cannabinoid complies with OAR 845-025-1310(1). The Processor cannot allow any artificially derived cannabinoids to leave their licensed premises except in accordance with OAR 845-025-1310.

14 Likes

The Oregon shuffle feels like a card game based on the OMMP & OLCC drenched in wook tears.

9 Likes

the term bleaching clay feels unnecessarily vague. I’m curious if it just applies to acid activated medias, or includes b80/silica etc

11 Likes

The way it’s worded sorta sounds like it means bleaching clays used with the intent to generate artificially derived cannabinoids. I dunno though, do all bleaching clays produce isomers? Not an extractor. Not a lawyer either just here for the show

7 Likes

@vortal

1 Like

Fuck I suck. My bad.

2 Likes

Just saw that Oregon outlawed CRC (LOL). Looks like they are using conversion as the reasoning.

July 1st 2022 to sell CRC.

Saw extractioneering post about it. Haven’t found a news article yet.

6 Likes

thats going to be figured out and wont be a deal. but its funny as they currently state it. CRC is a filter and removes things how could that be bad? almost all olive oil is crc, most all products are filtered. all the rules are dumb.

3 Likes

Where is the anti-CRC guy, he must be stoked

19 Likes

Tag him in @cdt. Or @Realterpsmatter

:rofl::joy::rofl:

9 Likes

I was fearful of what might happen to the post. RIP.

6 Likes

Your right @thumper Olive oil, wine, beer, cooking oil ,and numerous of consumables ,all these things are ran through a type crc powders for clarity so that’ it’s not cloudy and it’s see thru instead. Gives it a more appealing color and pulls the fines if Im correct

This law is absolutely stupid.

So if I’m running just cannabis through crc I should be fine right bc no artificial cannabinoids have been made?

8 Likes

Why not start with better indoor olive trees instead of “making” a fake product to trick people??? …seriously do you believe that nice indoor, pest free, olive oil NEEDS to be CRC’d?? all of the DELICOUS OLIVE FLAVOR will be DESTROYED, brother I’m not a troll I just need to know

Trying to channel my inner anti-CRC my b

26 Likes

Fire in, Fire out bruh

6 Likes

It’s funny watching people look for the loopholes. Looks like all the crc bois are the new d8 bois.:rofl:

5 Likes

You can’t argue the benefits away though… It’s a FACT that chromotogrophy refines molecules… Been doing it for a grip…

I’m not arguing using it to trick people. I’m talking using it lightly on good material to pull the baddies. But again, I’m no one and nothing (not being down on myself), so it doesn’t really matter.

5 Likes

How about they grow and extract some fire, and turn that dark shit they’re always fooling people with in to disty? That sounds like a better way to do it, but that’d be too much like right….

3 Likes

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but you get an eye roll nonetheless.

3 Likes

I concur I wasn’t trying to start an argument

1 Like

Disty dead right now

How about take crc and recrys to THCA powder then nobody knows they got got

9 Likes