Delta 8 distillate to Europe

Sorry one more thing this has to be L2L.

I need to check with my vendor, Cat3 regulations are standard in California and I just need to know how many units/liters are you looking to purchase and what is your price point.

I may be able to assist you please hit me up @thekannibisconnection

edited after @borysses reply.

The question here: if the ̶E̶M̶C̶D̶D̶A̶ UN convention says about the D8 illegality but the national law only names D9 which one has the higher weight? It looks as if the ̶E̶M̶C̶D̶D̶A̶ UN convention name it, it must have an immediate effect on all the EU countries even if on some of those countries it is not stated. Am I right?

EMCDDA doesn’t make any laws.

https://www.emcdda.europa.eu/html.cfm/index34041EN.html_en

The European Union does not have its own classification for ‘drugs’ and refers to the United Nations Conventions. EU competence in the field of drug use is not wide. For instance, the penal or administrative treatment of drugs use falls within the responsibility not of the European Union but of Member States.

1 Like

You have to look into the UN convention if the given country does not have an explicit list of controlled substances. Delta 8 is listed in the UN convention, as a delta 9THC isomer.

1 Like

So if one country’s laws point only to D9 as the illicit substance that differs hemp from cannbies and D8 is, therefore, a hemp extract (exactly like in the USA) (there are many countries in Europe that is the same legal situation, but we are talking about a NATIONAL LEVEL) so then, it DOESNT MATTER because on the UN convention they DO state about THC isomeres as been illegal, and here ends all discussion. Am I right? we are never going to see D8 in Europe dispensaries right? It’s that simple…

The little d8 present in natural hemp extracts is sort of tolerated. It is in general 3-4 times lower than d9. But a product based on d8 would not be toerated.

HHC is the european D8 :wink:

2 Likes

So it looks like some countries implemented blanket terms and by deafult ban anything that is psychoactive regardles if it’s on any banned substances list:

But in terms of THC isomers anyway they are banned on the UN level and to make things more complicated even substances much less psychoactive than “old” drugs may fall under EU’s directive 2001/83/EC becoming medicinal products:

(a) Any substance or combination of substances
presented as having properties for treating or
preventing disease in human beings; or

(b) Any substance or combination of substances which
may be used in or administered to human beings
either with a view to restoring, correcting or modifying
physiological functions by exerting a pharmacological,
immunological or metabolic action, or to making a
medical diagnosis.

Introducing pharmaceuticals to a market without proper paperwork results in fairly high “pharma grade” financial penalties.

And I think it’s just a matter of time untill policy makers will learn that CBD is a direct precursor. I think in the US one state already banned usage of bleaching clays not undesrtanding that the clay is not the issue. But at some point they will catch up.

4 Likes

This is why cbd oils are sold as aroma oils in Austria and as example cbd vapes are aromatherapy in Germany. I hope the nonsense ends soon but for know - at least to our knowledge - HHC works in most EU countries as it’s not on the new psychoactive substance list nor SMG/BTMG („drug law“). As long as it’s not marketed for consumption to get specific effects I don’t think it’s hard to set up a legal business. At least for CZ I have all the paperwork ready, waiting for the AT legal opinion…

2 Likes

If you’re referring to Oregon, no, they did not ban “bleaching clays” although many folks interpreted their edict thusly. see New OLCC rules for artificially derived cannabinoids and CRC for further discussion.

6 Likes

Assume All delta 8 contains more than 0.2% THC, so even assuming your premise is correct you’re going to struggle to find compliant product to ship.

The fact it looks like THC oil and has THC in the name means they’ll seize it without hesitation anyway.
Delta 8 is also illegal in EU due to isomers or narcotics acts etc> CBD was specifically excluded, but otherwise all cannabis resin is covered in most juristictions.
Even CBD has to jump through silly hoops, and I’ve had many CBD and CBG extracts seized even though they should be completely compliant.
Once you’re shipping a profitable quantity of D8 you’re also at a commercial level of import of what is basically scheduled like D9 or opiates.

Remember D8 is only (questionably, possibly) legal in the US because of specific catch-all wording about hemp extracts in the farm bill.

2 Likes

There are D8 exceptions to what you stated above but indeed it has to be D9 free or at least below 0.2%

Potentially - but realistically for the OP they’ll be told they are buying compliant D8 (and supplied a CoA from a “DEA certified” lab that can’t find the D9) and end up with D8 with 5% to 15% D9, and be committing a felony to import their “compliant” D8/9 blend to Europe.

They’d be risking jail time and relying on the good faith and thoroughness from sellers in an industry segment built on misrepresentation and loopholes. Not a smart move.

There will be no concept in Europe that this product is “hemp” and no legal protections or attitude of casualness that they might expect from reading about D8 on future4200.

7 Likes

I know someone who has been shipping Delta 8 to Europe for the last six months thousands of liters a month who’s business now consists of 70% of everything they make going into Europe

I don’t see what the big deal is…however as D8 isn’t all that profitable at that scale in the US he just focuses on large custom orders or simply does other Cannabinoids in the US

Find yourself a real lab and long as the oil is tested and comes with a COA it’s good. It’s the exporters liability

The exporter needs a license for these type of transactions since they have that pharmacy license to move items they do this

Look for a legit lab that can do this…it’s that simple

3 Likes

Find yourself a real lab and long as the oil is tested and comes with a COA it’s good. It’s the exporters liability

The exporter needs a license for these type of transactions since they have that pharmacy license to move items they do this

Do you mean importer?

Most of the responses in this post don’t argue that it isn’t possible. It’s more a matter of business owners not wanting to accept the risks associated with doing it.

It sounds like your friend has taken appropriate steps to try to reduce the risk, but it is still there. It’s a bold move to stake 70% of their business given the risks but you know what they say: big risk = big reward.

Just put the full IUPAC name on the customs form and they will get such a headache they wont think twice.

2 Likes

So in Sweden and latvia hhc is legal in other Words ?