Media Bros CRX & CRY contamination

That would make their dirt magic…

You’ve most likely got both water AND media in your hash.

5um won’t keep the fines out of your hash.

Try rinsing your freshly packed CRC with solvent into a clean collection pot.

Guarantee you’ll see dust in your collection.

Fill two jars with media. Weigh them. Leave one open for a couple of weeks. Weigh it daily and confirm the weight doesn’t change (here in OR it will. Least at this time of year).

The water can be removed via more time in your vac oven (you will loose terps)

2 Likes

It worked out just fine lol. I have a convection oven that is way better than a vac for moisture. Too small for that amount

1 Like

Agreed. Large glass baking dishes loaded with media right in the convection oven

2 Likes

Can i run crx on 20 micron or will thst be harmful

You can but you shouldnt! fines will absolutely make it past at 20 micron.

4 Likes

Sounds like .22um is gonna be the standard

1 Like

Can someone post link to the .22um filters? Sounds like pre-wetting is definitely the play for almost all medias.

2 Likes

put 1um paper on top, and a tightly wound polypropylene felt filter below would do the trick reasonably effectively.

be aware that some folks have seen shedding with Polyester felt particulate (tampon tek)

I just double checked compatibility and although I can’t find polyester with butane, it does better than polypropylene with hexane, and polypropylene gets an excellent with butane here: Polypropylene Chemical Compatibility Chart and “Meh” with hexane or heptane.

might as well read the Tricks of the trade from head to toe just for good measure.

1 Like

https://www.gochemtek.com/custom/22-sintered-filter

https://www.gochemtek.com/custom/double-sided-fnpt-flat-lid

5 Likes

I need somebody to teach me how to run one of those :shushing_face:

although right now every run is THCA crashing out during recovery so getting a .2um filter to play nice isn’t my top priority. just getting my run to come out the pour spout before crashes has taken precedence…

2 Likes

Raise the pressure of your recovery?

2 Likes

100% !!!

media bros isnt super fine powder, it has binders or something.

Needs to be filtered to at least 1 micron

How much crx can pass through a 20 micron filter? How toxic is it to smoke this? For personal consumption obviously never for public if any possible contaminants

Get the right filtration. Take the advice and get the 1 micron.

2 Likes

Then get the .5 micron after the 1 micron lol

I have a 5 micron on my evaporation chamber and find about 5-10 grams of powder residue when I clean it out

2 Likes

I smoke what I make. Consistently choose carbon chemistry for taste… entire crew does also

1 Like