Tricks of the trade

Yeah, I can find em as cheap as 11.50, or I used to anyway. Plus bvv you gotta add shipping too.

I pieced myself a big boy drier recently though.

1 Like

if using a knockbox 100 get some chopsticks. Place them in the tubes after each hopper fill to pack the cones decently

6 Likes

Picture ?? Details make it understandable for a noob :joy::+1:

2 Likes

i am not at work ill have to get back to you. Kiddo got me sick so the boss banned me from the store :slight_smile:

ill edit the post when i have pics

1 Like

yep, those 1k word substitutes really do help get the information across :wink:

6 Likes

Po-man’s depth filter:

1. 0.5-5micron polyfelt (or ptfe) filter sheet from dudadiesel
  2. 1.5-3" OD TC spool (OD and length chosen depending on how big a filter you need, ive never had to go more than 12" long)
  3. filterplate endcaps (sintered is not required)

– cut sheet to the “depth” you want the filter to be, roll the sheet up, very tight, to the point where it will when stuffed into the spool and “unwindes” it is very tight. (if it can slide out via gravity, its way too loose)
Now cap both ends with the filter plates, (bowl reducer/filter plate is preferred on bottom half)
–Those skilled in the art will be able to take it from here, theres a 1000 ways to configure the top/bottom filter plate/paper and/or DE/Silica to suite your operation.

This has saved tremendous time filtering solution in a ClosedLoop compared to sintered disk.

28 Likes

That’s genius. The polyester filter sheets are butane safe?

3 Likes

Totally safe been using it for years no issue best filter material ever!!

6 Likes

Ordering now! My god…that’s literally a DIY filter cartridge that is fully tunable to your application.

6 Likes

picture is without flower in the tube as i don’t need to make prerolls today, but place the chopstick as shown after you fill the cone (both fills if you are doing kings) and run the motor. The chopstick compresses the flower in the cone providing a perfectly even preroll

also @cyclopath i believe you were interested as well

11 Likes

Just did the same thing haha. Except it appears the .5um is out of stock. But 1um should be good.

This totally blew my mind, I had the exact same reaction as you haha.

I’d say this is easily one of the best tips I’ve read so far…

@CollectiveObjective, you sir are a genius.

3 Likes

Perfect timing :smiley::kissing_heart:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Could use a cheap vacuum chamber and a pump or get a China oven for 500$ and a harbor freight vacuum pump

well that s the beauty of what @Renchi the original poster came up with
all you need are but some caps

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772FXZMR

I give them to custumers that break the volume of bought oil down this way they can keep the oil under vacuum in any jar with a wide mouth

2 Likes

Thanks for the awesome tip @CollectiveObjective, just received the filters today, and can’t wait to run this soon

12 Likes

sweeet such a great trick love it:star_struck:

2 Likes

I have the 1 micron and 5 as well.

Edited: @CollectiveObjective already stated needed filter depth, just needed to reread the post.

Max amount of solvent that will be going through it would only be 6#.

Wow this is great! Another use i just throught of is get a small one wounded and place it ontop of a CRC column, it should work as a prefilter and defuse the liquid so it doesnt move the powders when pouring in.
Damn u could even stack these, and go 100->50->10->5->0.5 replacing them would be so fast…

10 Likes

this is also a fantastic way of creating seperations in your colomn when running
kief or kratom in a cls to prevent clogging

6 Likes