Media Bros CRX & CRY contamination

SO , ive been using a mixture of CRX and CRY for a while now. Setup: 2 ft length 4in diameter CRC column with a five micron sintered disc. Exactly what media bros
suggest for setup. We recently had a bunch of crumble returned with the clients saying it tasted weird and sizzled on the nail. I’ve never had this happen before until started running media bros products. The only other cause for this I can think of is not purged enough, but i don’t think that is exclusively the case. Is some crx or cry getting through into the final product?? Does anybody else have a similar experience? How do I fix the issue?

1 Like

Sounds like not enough purge…easy enough to find out. Take some new unused media and put a flame to it

I have found sometimes crumble can be really stubborn

2 Likes

moisture

12 Likes

Sounds like it, have you tried baking the media prior to use?

3 Likes

Snap crackle pop

do you smoke? did you try it yourself? check and see if the banger gets dirty? try and purge it and see if you left too much in it. contamination would mean powders right? powders dont burn off do they?

1 Like

No, media bros says its not necessary, so i havent

its not needed to dry it straight out the bag they say but itll absorb from there.I think id just dry it. I spent like 20 hours drying powder last week= I stand over the toaster oven the entire time.

1 Like

take some unused media or product?

I think they figured out that crx and cry needs to be filtered to a lower micron. Didn’t @murphymurri test it?

3 Likes

I run a 1 micron after the 5 micron with media bros and a mix of other fine powders, never had any pass through. Take a lil and dissolve it and see if any media sinks to the bottom.

2 Likes

Media not product

??? i think i got it. but prooduct not media right? media shouldnt visibly react to heat or flame right? maybe it changes ph?

Probably moisture…
But I doubt it is coming from the cr?
I fucked up the pour spout on a bucket and used a blue paper towel to plug the Hole, in a barn, innoregon, and it still didn’t have moisture in the end product

1 Like

what would you use to masure moisture in finshed oil? I have a drywall meter? I used to dewax in ethanol and it always seemed hard to get moisture out but i wasnt using any meter.

1 Like

I just dab it and see how it is…
Alcohol is hygroscopic and will pull moisture from the air

i always had to purge the heck out of it. I wasnt using meters or anything. or rotovaps

You need a .22 micron filter. Homie had a problem even down to 1um. Idk if that’s why you’re sizzling tho

i ran some crx and didnt notice an issue. How does powder get through a dab rig? I barely smoke concentrate but i should keep it clean but somehow it getting through seems doubtable. They had that vitamin e issue a couple years ago. I havent heard on news of crc powders? i go as low as a .5 sintered and then a final low micron felt but i dont think i get powder. i have a 6 inch tampon too.

Sizzle = h20

7 Likes