Is anyone running indofabs utili filters?

Kind of suprised I don’t see more people talking about these. 0.2 microns I’m thinking about throwing one on top of my collection rather then buying multiple .2 micron discs and having to clean them more often

5 Likes

@Soxhlet and @Indofab are both here.

Pretty sure there are threads on that critter.

7 Likes

Could you link the threads?

There’s a handful of posts discussing it, but unless you’ve got a thread discussing cartridge filter for butane, I think this is a worthy thread, Cyclopad. No need to shut this thread down, just yet, Mr Searchbar.

I do not have one, but if I were to implement cartridge filters into my system AGAIN, I’d use the Indofab offering. Seems cheap.

I got myself a Pall Emflo ka3pfrp1. Flow rate is unreal, and it’s .22u. Can’t speak for the indofab ones, but they likely post a similar flowrate. They’re also cheaper and come with a housing.

Cartridge filters have way better flow than sintered screens

I also have a .22u from Waxplug I’m testing soon. Looks like carbonation stone, should have great flow too.

nope. if I had a search query that hit it would have been posted. or the link if the query wasn’t a trivial one.

…calling in the creators was also clearly meant to shut the thread down rather than make it as informative as possible

Edit: @CallipygianDabs non-trivial query BECAUSE: ulti-filter not Utili-filter

2 Likes

Show some damn respect there bro!

Asking for help and then criticizing wow

5 Likes

Def “neat”

Before they close it where did you find waxplugs .22um welded disk

Yar, better stay on topic then aye…

Here’s one of the first mentions around here of throwing 0.2um filters at the problem inline

And a follow up

6 Likes

HI,
You can get the filters in either a 5" or 10" length. The filters range from .2 all the way up to 50um, so this thing is a multi tasker as well.As long as fresh solvent is flushed afterword these things last for a long time.

ulti filter (1).pdf (1.7 MB)

6 Likes

I asked for help? News to me.

Custom section for Waxplug1’s new offering. Definitely an interesting thing. The video he posted showing flow rate was enticing

Hope they don’t close this thread, not sure why we would!

Lol two posts! A whole, “handful” of posts on a very vast forum. @cyclopath Looks like it’s ripe for further discussion, don’tcha think? I’ve read both those posts, where do you think I got my inspiration for the pall cartridge? Definitely not my original thinking. Apologies if you found my words offensive.

Let’s talk about it @cyclopath What do you think? I shared my experience. I love it. Have you used them in your systems? Tell us about it.

In my system, I use my cartridge after my sintered filter. Noticed no fines with it. I use it as a sort of last resort filter, assume it would foul quicker otherwise.

5 Likes

I’ll have something like this soon but it’ll be a 3000 molecular weight membrane sintered disk that you’ll pack your powder in and will do heavy color remediation before hitting the crc

These are about 3 months out

2 Likes

I’ll get one, sounds dope. Will they get lower than .2u?

Love new tech and new legos.

1 Like

3000 MW is like 100x smaller then .22 micron (Atleast)

1 Like

Appreciate you providing a spoon to my ignorance! :bowl_with_spoon:

5000 Daltons is 1.1 NM

2 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 What kind of psi will this bad boi require to get a decent flow rate?..

5 Likes

What are you doing here? I thought you hated us, but loved our assess?

1 Like

I’m using a 3000 MW membrane right now and it only takes 20 PSI to start permeation

The secret is to not dead end your filtration and your flow won’t drop

4 Likes

i recently got purchased the ulti filter for my system. i plan on getting @Chemtek .22 filter as well. i plan on using my ulti filter after my dewaxer. i will be dewaxing after recovery of majority of my solvent. i’ll have a a filter plate and a 20 micron sintered filter from @Killa12345 to catch most of my fats and lipids before hitting my ulti filter. once through the filter it’ll go down to my hemispherical reducer that has a honey spout which will open to either a mason jar or pyrex dish.

speaking with dan it sounds like the filter will last me a long time especially if i run fresh solvent through afterwards. my crc column staged down to .5 micron (tampon), once it gets to my dewaxer majority of contaminants will have been filtered

6 Likes