Polyester felt particulate (tampon tek)

How much @Soxhlet?!!

4 Likes

@Griffin.Labs The disposable filters o-rings are pushed into a “housing” area that creates a tight/snug seal. Nothing can get around.

Using a reducer on a CRC is fine, I believe @Soxhlet intended for this to be clamped onto the bottom of a CRC.

Filters should last very long, per our conversation we should be able to run 50k grams (not biomass) of product before needing to swap a filter. Atleast per my application.

4 Likes

Hi,
Yes, the o- ring section goes into the bottom plate, the top of the housing holds the filter from moving once clamped together.

The ulti-filter housing is 3" so you would need a reducer to accommodate the size change.

We can fab anything you might want, sky is the limit.

All depends on the particle load, if used for last chance filtration they can last for a very long time. The other important thing is to flush them with fresh solvent after use, if you leave them to dry with hash they can get ruined rather quickly. We offer a wide range of micron sizes and lengths for the housings. They can be made up to 40 inches long.

3 Likes

I think it definitely leaks a bit of felt “dust” I have a final felt filter in my collection but its flat and I singe the edges to minimize the fuzz. I smoke flower and use hepa dust shrooms and theres dust all over the weed I smoke anyways. but its best to miimize the poly felt dust.

2 Likes

Thanks for the in depth response, looks like im going to be getting one as well just need to figure out which way to implement it.

2 Likes

Still gooing strong has been on for over a year
0.2UM

17 Likes

Thats exactly what I wanted just on my dip tube in my collection vessel. Kick Ass!

6 Likes

mine is a similar concept but ghetto- I use a hose clamp on .5 micron flat felt in that same position. just as a last chance to catch particulates. I wouldnt like that one because my collection is only 12 inces deep.

Damn, over a year on the same filter?
Killing it brotha! :+1:

2 Likes

Any updates? were you ever able to get a sample plated on a slide so we could look at it?

4 Likes

Worked fine for me. Any felt would have to pass through all the media and then through final sintered 2micron disk(ran with both on bottom). The poly felt I used was seared on one side and fluffy on the other, if any sub micron particles are coming off the felt, I’d assume the seared side, as loose fibers from cutting the sheet were long and prone to clump- which seems unlikely it’d pass thre filter unless the fibers were weakened by heat then broken apart.

Those floaters seem to large to be submicron. Is it possible the sheet has residuals left from manufacturer process precipitating out rather than submicron particles of fiber accumulated in clusters?

2 Likes

Been using .5 w/ptfe felt flat not depth style and have not noticed any particulates.

20um paper
8um paper
3um paper
1 um disc
.5 um felt

3 Likes

I snagged one of these to try out. It still running well for you?

Yep not blasting much lately but it works good

Looking forward to giving it some work. It doesn’t seem have much flow restriction at all, which I think seems very promising.

Appreciate you sharing a less conventional direction to try filtering with hydrocarbon systems. I’m putting it into my collection pot with some borethrough swagelok fittings.

2 Likes

Good idea @anon88836658 with the bore thru. Where’d u get the filter from? Link?

KA3PFRP1 is the model number. I scored a cheap one on action, but if it lasts as long as Rogue lab suggests, the list price isn’t bad either
Emflon® PFR membrane in Kleenpak™ capsule, 0.2 µm sterilizing grade, 2300 cm² EFA, 1½ in. sanitary flange connections - Products Image is wrong, but this is the model number with sanitary flanges (tri clamp)

3 Likes

It does seem fair to say, on retrospective, that @Soxhlet /Indofabs cartridge holder would be the easier way to integrate submicron filtration.

3 Likes

I use a flat filter in the collection by simply using a clamp on the stub. it never gets clogged.

okay thumb

2 Likes