Gummy recipe and SOP inside

Here is the method I use. This is sttuuuuuupid easy and works everytime.

Materials Needed

• 225 cavity 2.5ml Square Silicone mold
  • Full Spectrum Distillate
  • MCT Coconut Oil Non-Stick Spray
  • Hot Plate/Stove
  • Refrigerator
  • Stainless Steel Table
  • Speed Rack
  • Stainless Steel Tray
  • Stainless Steel Pot
  • Stainless Steel Bowl
  • Food Scale
  • Spatula
  • Pastry Brush
  • Water
  • Spoon
  • Measuring Spoons
  • 3 16oz Squeeze Bottle
  • 2 Teaspoons Lecithin
  • 8 Ounces (227g) granulated sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons (27g) Dextrose Powder
  • 8 Ounces (227g) Corn Syrup Glucose
  • 6 ounces (170g) cool water
  • 44 Grams Gelatin
  • 2.5 Teaspoons Citric Acid
  • 1.5 Teaspoons Candy Flavoring (Blue Raspberry, Peach, Watermelon)

Procedure

• Clean and dry hot plate/stove, all molds, pots, bowls, and squeeze bottles with soap and water that is between 110 - 115 degrees Fahrenheit (110-115F)
  • Disinfect all work surfaces with a mixture of 1 cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water
  • Rinse surfaces with clean water
  • Weigh all ingredients to be used for gummy production
  • Place Full Spectrum Distillate into oven in Pyrex glass container at 165-175 F to make it fluid
  • Place Lecithin into oven to match temperature of fluid Full Spectrum Distillate
  • Once the Full Spectrum Distillate and Lecithin are the same temperature mix the distillate with Lecithin until fully combined (5 mins)
  • While Distillate and Lecithin come to temp combine gelatin, and water in a stainless-steel bowl. Stir gently to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes to give your gelatin time to bloom
  • Combine the corn syrup, sugar, and dextrose powder in a medium saucepan. Stir gently to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
  • Once simmering, wash down the sides of the pan with water using a pastry brush to make sure all sugar is dissolved fully
  • Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in your citric acid and gelatin mixture with a spatula until the gelatin is melted
  • Mix in Lecithin and Full Spectrum Distillate blend
  • Add flavoring
  • Let stand for 10 minutes and allow the mixture to clear and foam to collect at the top. After 10 minutes the foam can be scooped off the surface with a spoon.
  • Place mold onto stainless steel table while gummy mixture cools
  • Spray molds with MCT Coconut Oil Non-Stick Spray
  • Fill squeeze bottles with gummy mixture
  • Fill Each cavity with gummy mixture
  • Place filled gummy mold onto stainless steel
  • Place stainless steel tray onto speed rack
  • Move speed rack into walk in cooler for 6-12 hours for gummies to set
  • After gummyā€™s are set remove gummies from mold by bending mold
  • Tumble finished gummies in granulated sugar

EDIT: you donā€™t have to wash the sides down with water to make sure sugar is full dissolved. That step can be skipped.

19 Likes

Thanks for this will give it a try this,like most of the others on here that Iā€™ve tryedā€‹:smiley::smiley:

Might want to start a new thread, next time.
:wink:

3 Likes

happy to delete. I thought this was the thread for sharing SOPā€™s though?

5 Likes

No need to erase.

Maybe it deserves to be at the top of a thread.

Besides, that would give you a chance to slang your D9 gummiesā€¦lol

3 Likes

Right on well if it needs to be erased 100% happy to do that I didnā€™t mean to step on toes and I apologize if I did.

Definitely not trying to promote my D9 gummies by posting an SOP but I guess thanks for bringing them up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enjoy our playful beef/banterā€¦ lol

Really, no need to delete that post. You might want to start a new one with it at the topā€¦ some folks will never ever make it down that far in this threadā€¦

MATER of fact Iā€™ll give it a try myself. Always room for improvementā€¦ TOGETHERā€¦

Also like to mention I could improve your SOP ( Labor cost ) by like A FUCK TONā€¦ and Iā€™m not exactly finished with this TECH myselfā€¦ but at this point I could save you over half production costā€¦

Always working towards perfection.

7 Likes

If youā€™d like @steelrollin i can make it a seperate thread. But I would like your permission to cut it out.

No need for that ā€¦ Iā€™m sure he can find the cut and pasteā€¦

:man_facepalming:

Not many folks will get that but @steelrollin willā€¦

ā€¦LOL

3 Likes

@MillerliteRN so Iā€™m reading up on winterizingā€¦ should I do that before trying to add the cannabis. Iā€™m 100% new to this, Iā€™ve been watching videos on everything I just havenā€™t been able to put the steps in order. I have a Buchi Rotovap a centrifuge and shortpath distillation setup all ready to go but then I just read up on winterization so Iā€™m assuming I need to start there?

@steelrollin how do you get full spectrum distillateā€¦ I have a Rotovap, centrifuge, shortpath setup and now Iā€™m reading about winterizationā€¦ not to mention Iā€™m inquiring about an HPLC setup ā€¦

Winterize BEFORE adding cannabis?!?

Seems like you might want to participate in the Go fund @davidb

Not a gummy pro, but can help you get your cannabinoid concentrate on point.

3 Likes

Just drop a link in Gummy thread (this isnā€™t it! links inside)

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been playing with this recipe all year, made 10,000ā€™s of gummies from it and have to say thank you. My input after all my work is this, Iā€™ve added 100g of sorbitol. Definitely makes it a bit less chewy.

Second thing I have to add. I fill the molds, wait at least 6 hrs. Then remove from molds and directly into sugar. After that I move to dry with a mess screen on top to drop extra sugar. From there directly into gallon zip lock bags. The sugar will soon become a liquid. From then pull it and coat in dry fresh sugar. Do little at a time adding fresh sugar to keep the granular size small. After this lay gummies out to dry around 8-12 hrs depending on your environment. This coats the gummies with this awesome hard glaze with a nice sugar coating on top. I havenā€™t had any issues with the sugar melting in the packing. Much love and thank you for recipe :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Im glad you like the SOP.

I have never really gotten into how we coat our gummies, rest assured we do.

And you my friend are coating them the hard/wrong way.

A little adviceā€¦

6 hours and sugar are not good together. You need to wait longer than that. The reason your sugar is turning to liquid is your gummies are not dry.

5 Likes

Iā€™m doing that on purpose. I want the sugar to turn to a liquid. When i do a second sugar coat and leave out for a final dry it coats very well and never turns to liquid in final packaging. It creates a thin but hard sugar coating around the whole gummy, itā€™s super pleasant to bite in to.

Iā€™ve had other successful methods but this way is the fastest method to unmold and dry. Iā€™ve found with no degradation in the final packaging.

Definitely know there are more ways and better ways to do it and Iā€™d love to learn them. That being said Iā€™ve successfully completed this method many times and it without a doubt creates a solid product

6 Likes

Hi, how are you? Iā€™m going to try your recipe friend, it looks very good. I just want to know why you donā€™t recommend buying Jolly Rancher from amazon? . and what page do you recommend?

They are 0.99 in the stores, very expensive on Amazon 3 or 4 bucks.

1 Like

Thank you, I will have to buy from AMAZON, I am from Latin America.:frowning:
Thanks for the recipe, letā€™s try it with our distillate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fucking Legend!!!

1 Like