Gummy recipe and SOP inside

Regular jello works to.

1 Like

@MillerliteRN I love the sop thank you for this boss ! , whatā€™s the best process for adding sour sugar to the gummies !

1 Like

I modified a batch for an auntie recently to make it a gummy center and a jelly bean outside. Quite fun, started with a regular gummy, rolled those in a warm non cooled gummy mix with added sugar, cooled that slightly, tossed in a granular + confection sugar mix again, then cooled, and coated with melted confection sugar brushed on.

Subbed out all water for fresh juice. Used pineapple juice and pineapple flavoring for center. For outer used a strawberry jello with orange juice and orange flavoring.

Got two cups of fresh pineapple juice today from a pineapple cored for pineapple fried rice breakfast might have to whip up some more of those pineapple gummies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds fantastic :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Depends on whom makes them, how strong they are etc. Real 400mg distillate gummies go for $40-50 a pack in my area. Wholesaled at $25 a pack. Thereā€™s different levels of products. The spray on 500mg stuff goes for around $10 a bag.

I know a Gummy God! Literally God

@MillerliteRN thanks for the awesome write up

Anyone know why Iā€™m getting this layer on top

I used the 4mL 192 cavity mold at pjmolds

Any tips on demolding guys?!?!

2 Likes

Cus you didnā€™t remove the foam when you made the gummies. Did you make those out of that crude?

3 Likes

Foam when whipping before gelatin blooms?

These were dry run no cannabinoids yet. Getting a feel for batch size and how many mls actually going into each cavity. This was my third test batch

Yah whipping air in and such. Let it settle more and scrape off foam before you pour. Ime of course

2 Likes

How are you dispensing the batter into your molds?

And

Do they all look like that?

2 Likes

I only had foam on the last few using a squeeze bottle

2 Likes

The third batch did this with pour and scrape method. The entire batch looked like this

When I dispensed with dropper I didnā€™t get that

Iā€™ve been thinking of a way to make a demolder. Could paint the entire top surface of mold with ink, flip it onto an aluminum sheet then cut out the areas with no ink. Then make a stand for that and a board with pegs to line up with each hole you cut out.

3 Likes

Your causing it to happen, when you scrape.

Iā€™ll edit this post shortly, with some examples.

3 Likes

Opacity and vacuum, stirring techniques discussed around post #235.

1 Like

Hey man, Long time reader first time postingā€¦ went through the entire thread.

1st Question, and it has to do with foaming.

Whipping the gelatin with a stick blender incorporates a ton of microbubbles. Has anyone tried placing the mixture into a vacuum chamber during bloom? Iā€™m not worried about the opacity of the end productā€¦ Or, just scrape the foam layer off top of the material before warming/pour and trash it.

2nd question.

I assume several carriers have been tested, propylene glycol seems to be the best choice, better than MCT. Have you tried ETOH? Guessing it evaporates and you have separation issues.

Soā€¦ is the PG mix just in suspension within the gummy or is it homogenized?

Scheduled to start gummy batches this week. Stoked on this recipe, looks like a lot of people have had success with your help Miller!!

1 Like

Those cutout jigs makes demolding those thin molds pretty easy. Thick molds are still way easier to work with but itā€™s a cash save early on.

Weā€™ve done 134 flavors of the 277 flavors created. Almost halfway. Been on it for ever.

1 Like

Glad to see you got your high quality THC sorted from the low quality THC.

ā€¦LOL

Folks going to have to go far back to understand that one.

4 Likes

Luckily for me, I just didnā€™t know that because I had never seen low grade flowers. Assumption would be they produced a lower grade. In actuality, they just produce less amount. Glad I had someone like you to mention it. Think I just didnā€™t realize it was a quantity thing not quality. Still would nvr use thc off junk. Doesnā€™t sit well with my brain. Gladly would send you final, down pat sample if wanted. No worries if not. Thanks for your time too. :facepunch::wink: