Gummy recipe and SOP inside

It’s the new thing. Farm bill legal by weight

Thank you guys for the warm welcome :grin:

Yes I guess it’s the new thing…
Also there are always 2 sides of the coin. I understand the concern and limitations of the manufacturing process, but what was impossible yesterday might be possible today and you wouldn’t know unless you ask or try.
As a brand we need to get very creative in order to stand a chance in this market. We are a self funded local business trying to compete against the gas station brands like Cake that don’t know what a COA is. When I go to a store to distribute our products, they ask me how many milligrams and how much, it’s a race to the bottom with a bunch of untested products which we decided not to compete with .
Our goal is to create a quality, tested and compliant product that is different than the garbage that is out there.
If people use the farm bill to make and sell D8, THC-O, THCP and what not, I don’t see how we are the bad guys for wanting to make a big ass D9 gummy.
I would eat that papa bear myself

2 Likes

Your post has a glow to it.

He asked, a Texas licensed HEMP manufacturing company to produce D9 gummies.

:man_facepalming:

That sounds a little CAKEish to me.

WE DONT HAVE D9 to MAKE GUMMIES in the first place.

3 Likes

We try to use local when we can, reason why I asked if it’s possible. I don’t get the Cake-ish reference but we got your answer in all caps and some free licensing advice for our company which we appreciate so much. Good luck to you and your new facility

1 Like

I think one would have to add ethanol to the disty when mixing with the gummy stuff. And whip it more…
Still won’t actually be standardized if one doesn’t use a homogenizer

I used mct, im sure lecithin would work as well. 10/10 wouldnt use solvents lol

1 Like

lecithin works great!!

2 Likes

Finally found it

7 Likes

Made using the poor and scrape method, cherry Starburst flavor.
I have a couple videos but they are too big to post.

8 Likes

Maybe a silly question but…

Do you use a metal spatula for the scrape or plastic?

Ordering some shit now but I’m a little afraid to mar the dark city molds :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iv used all the above. I prefer the silicone over the metal. The jury is still out on the exact silicone model to use. I have several to try, on the next batch we make.

1 Like

I use an offset icing spatula, been using em for a few years now and never had an issue using metal even on the super thin Amazon molds. If I could find one with a silicone coating I’d go with that

3 Likes

The good thing about the metal is, you can heat it up.

3 Likes

I definitely prefer something with more control… hand right over your tool…

Screenshot_20211006-190524_Amazon Shopping

Its 8 inches…

The search term you need to use is " Bowl scraper ".

7 Likes

https://nelsonjameson.com/VIKAN-Single-Blade-Ultra-Hygiene-Bench-Squeegee-w-6-1-2-Handle-p18041.html

The ultra-hygienic fully molded single-blade squeegee is ideal for use in areas requiring the highest level of hygiene. Improved design features smooth and rounded surfaces which provide better hygiene and easier cleaning. The elongated body reduces wear and tear on the ends of the flexible rubber blade to enhance durability and efficiency. Autoclavable at temperatures up to 212°F/100°C. Made from FDA-compliant materials. Includes 6-1/2" Euro-thread handle.

Have you tried something like this?

5 Likes

@MillerliteRN Im following your thread hella late but I’m about to put in some time perfecting your gummy recipe before I move on with adding/making distallates to go in them. I actually just picked up a rotovap and a centrifuge with no clue where to start lol so learning how to make gummies seems appropriate 1st.

3 Likes

that looks like a pottery rib, might be better styles searching for that instead of a bowl scraper

1 Like

Rotovap you can learn the easiest. Centrifuge with ethanol as primary solvent? Best of luck!

2 Likes

@moveweight yes I was looking to use ethanol in a centrifuge to separate the THC and cbd but I may have that concept completely wrong in my head lol so for this weekend and next weekend I’m going to try to scale down the gummy recipe so I can perfect it before using/wasting good material. If you know of a good process sop for separating the cbd give me a heads up. Thanks in advance