Farmer just getting into extraction please help

Brother, if you must avoid the tane and love the taste.
Might I suggest a mix of distillate and rosin
Split biomass into 3/4 for extract and 1/4 for rosin
For extraction - might I suggest Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget) - #17 by Terpslut
Then all your equipment already accessible is still viable and useful as well.
Get a small turnkey SPD and a good Vac - do two passes and hot condenser tek
Squish, and decarb in a sealed container and mix!

Just a loving respectful suggestion

1 Like

then dig inā€¦

I recommend buying used, and this isnā€™t a horrible place to shop. chances are you can find them cheaper on your local craigslist, but that will depend on your location & maturity of the local market.
you can find this one both placesā€¦ BHO extraction equipment - farm & garden - by owner - sale - craigslist

you certainly wonā€™t find one of theseā€¦

(and there may be a machine your size listed therein).

before buying, I recommend checking out Let's see your set up! and oggling what others have going on.

I also recommend you or anyone else thinking of following @Kingkrunkā€™s advice on Decarb under pressure to retain terps? wrap their head around A Theory on BHO/Rosin Decarboxylation with Natural Terpene Preservation before building glass fragmentation grenades.

6 Likes

cyclo-I only recommended a sealed container (a simple lid on top would suffice) sir, not additionally pressurizing that jar and/or backfilling your decarb vessel. You are 100% right.

You might not have intended to imply the jar should be shut tight, but you did say ā€œsealedā€.

If you SEAL the jar, and decarb, it will build pressureā€¦

Most jars will leak long before they explode. Doesnā€™t mean they all will.

1mol of thca will produce 1mol of CO2.
At rm temp that CO2 will fill 22liters to 15 PSI

Or 1liter to 330 psi. (So thatā€™s 1/3 of a kg in a 1 liter jar)

Thatā€™s without the pressure rise due to heating.

Same math for any 1/3 full jar.

2 Likes

hydrocarbon if your goal is quality! CO2 if you want output for distillation or you can pull some decent terpene fractions if your parameters are right

1 Like

Donā€™t get a CO2 system.

A hydrocarbon set up can make anything that CO2 set up will make.
The CO2 set up cannot make the same products the hydrocarbon one can.

And you can get a 5lb hydrocarbon set up for less than $15k.

5 Likes

Is a good price on a decent tool. At least while learning at 5-10lb.

There are even after-market mods for them you can read up on here and here

2 Likes

Thanks 2 everyone for chiming in really appreciate the hell out of it and sorry for delayed response where Iā€™m new acct it maxed out my replies n Iā€™ve BN n mountains last couple days for a reset n man it was nice Iā€™m most definitely going with a hydrocarbon after reading more . Iā€™ve BN looking where Iā€™m at but no legal states near VA or large market .So what is something you guys wish someone would have told u that u had to learn the hardway??

2 Likes

What is cmep??

Its a piece of piston driven lpg recovery equipment. CMEP-OL

2 Likes

one of the first recovery pumps actually rated for the task

Check Recovery pump selection

I mainly use them for pressure testing equipmentā€¦but they are decent recovery pumps at smaller scale.

Got ya :+1:

As an end productā€¦what do you want to make and SELL?

Work backwards from what can I sell today?

6 Likes

Edibles shatter and carts and would like to try diamonds eventually// I donā€™t have access to large amounts of dry ice so has to have a chiller .I thought bout etoh but way to expensive upfront n would need a shit ton of expensive equipment

Is ā€œtrimā€ worth $100/kg?
Just curious

In Michiganā€¦ licensed market. Iā€™m getting between $150-200 per lb for my trim. Thatā€™s whatā€¦ 300-400 per kilo?

Then you havenā€™t looked at the problem correctly.

See Eg: Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

learn how a panda (suggested above by @Roguelab ) is relevant.

You already have solvent recovery & purging in hand, so my math says you could be making panda assisted qwet with an outlay of about $500

if youā€™re aiming a shatter, Iā€™ve got a redirect for you: How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

3 Likes

Wow never knew they made small one last stuff I used was a cup15 and a cup 30 from delta then ffe and a rfd which was like 2or 300 k not counting install

Link for those pandas?

Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer 110V/22lbs Stainless Steel Amazon.com

1 Like