Cartridges filler

Hi I currently hand fill cartridges/pens using plastic syringes I want to buy the Handystep touch s repeating pipette but has anyone used it before ? Does it work with distillate?

1 Like

use the search bar…

then get a cart farmer.

see (eg): Cartridge filler

edit:

have any problems with lube?: Please help! New to making Distillate Carts, help w cloudy streaks

10 Likes

@Future new users having to use the search function 3 times before making a post would help @cyclopath conserve :spoon:’s.

15 Likes

plenty of spares…

although some seem a little sharper than others…

14 Likes

I did use search bar I couldn’t find any topic about the handystep touch and all the other link to fillers are 5k plus my budgets like 3k

1 Like
8 Likes

nope. can you guess why?
(it will not work. period!)

or why I gave you links?

what price did you say the cart farmer was?
(CF50 Cart Farmer 50 - The worlds most flexible cart filler.)

6 Likes

#11 is the cart farmer on 50+ results using your thread topic.

Cart farmer is really the only option if your not trying to fill more than 5k carts a day.

7 Likes

search query usage (googlefu) matters…

compare the results between

https://www.google.com/search?q=cartridge+filler

and

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+cartridge+filler

you searched as if you knew the handystep was the correct response.

perhaps what you actually wanted to ask was…

https://future4200.com/search?q=what+is+the+best+budget+cart+filler

2 Likes

Oh it’s like that I guess cart farmer it is I just wanted to get the handy step cuz of auto dispensing option it had but which cart farmer do u recommend for about 10,000 units per month the cf250 or cf1000

2 Likes

How many carts are you filling per shift and are you doing diff flavors?

Edit: 10k per month the 250 is probably all you need

2 Likes

Get the cf1000… That way you’ll have the capacity to do more when it comes time to scale up

2 Likes

The reason I’d recommend the 250 is if you want to pump out a batch of 100 here and there it’s be easier to do that on a smaller rig and as long as your solution is staying hot on a hot plate you can just keep pouring if you need more :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I fill about 700 per day with a syringe, I do 4 flavours
Is the only difference the tank size for the CF

700 a day @ 4 flavors is 175 per batch I would get the 250

7 Likes

did you rtfm?

Limitations of Use

This instrument is designed for dispensing samples, observing the following physical limits:

• Use between +15°C and +40°C (59°F and 104°F) of instrument and reagent
  • Vapor pressure up to 500 mbar
  • Kinematic viscosity:
    • 20 mPa/s with 50mL PD-Tip™ syringe tips
    • 260 mPa/s with 5mL PD-Tip™ syringe tips
    • 977 mPa/s with 1.25mL PD-Tip™ syringe tips

20 mPa/s == 20 centipoise

water is about 0.9 and propylene glycol is 16
(Liquids - Dynamic Viscosities)

getting distillate below 20cP is going to require getting it above 40C (opinion only. no viscometer). Keeping it there while you dispense 50 carts would also be required…

1 Like

essentially…and if you look at them, you’ll see that you could hook up a 6"x48" jacketed column as a reservoir if you had one lying around.

(6 wooks, one column…)

edit: @(#$&)(*$@# that 6"x48" column holds 22liters. it’s gonna be a long day for those 6 wooks…

9 Likes

Please get a cart farmer. I couldn’t recommend anything more highly.

6 Likes

Yea Imma get a cart farmer I read a lot about it looking forward to use it
Any nice fast screw on capping machine for like 3-4k i use vape bit but idk it only fully screws when u hold the cart or pen

4 Likes

Auto pipetters are nice (we use handisteps all the time) but not for filling carts. The motors can’t handle thick oil and when they clog it’s a shitshow. Heat gun does not play nicely with those tips

3 Likes