Please help! New to making Distillate Carts, help w cloudy streaks

Hello all,

New here and was trying to make distillate carts. Got CCell carts, some good distillate, and Terp Liquefy terpenes to mix in.
I used a regular plug in cast iron hot plate. Temp was around 200-250f.
I started off heating up a gram of distillate in a vial for about a minute and then added in 4 drops of terps. I let it heat up for another couple of minutes stirring pretty much the entire time taking small breaks in between.
After, I immediately sucked it up into the syringe that came with my terps(same one also came with my ccell cart order) and injected into the cart.
I didn’t notice it until I filled all 6 carts, but there are these slightly cloudy streaks that are running through the carts.
I was wondering what could have caused this and if they’re still good to smoke or if I should can them? Is there any tricks to get this out of the carts?
Are there steps that I could’ve taken differently in the process to make this not happen?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

$10 says that be syringe lube…

20 Likes

Does it go away after the first few, or try a glass syringe and see if it doesnt happen

1 Like

Terp liquefy? I remember those type of streaks when I used some liquefy garbage with shatter many years ago. You should only need terps, I use 10% with botanical or 5% canna

2 Likes

I will order glass ones and give it another go. Honestly, I didn’t make enough to see if it would continue. I used two syringes, one for each terp profile so I wouldn’t mix flavors at all.

They’re from 760glass.com
The brand is called terp liquefy.

Sounds like they’re ruined to me.

2 Likes

Throw that shit in the trash!
$1000 says it’s that death juice you’re using.

11 Likes

Shity syringe lube. Take it apart clean it. Never force the last out of the syringe or it will always streak.and get better terps

1 Like

I’m with @gog.

it’s more likely to be that goop you added.

5 Likes

Man thats a let down:( What are the best/most trusted brands of terps to get?

Yeah these are what was sent with the carts when i ordered…

I’m strictly using cannabis derived terps now.
Terpenesraw.com or there’s another guy on here people have been raving about too. There’s plenty of botanical guys on here if you use search bar and do some research on the reviews

4 Likes

Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

2 Likes

No biggie, I know your pain. Just use strictly terps&distillate no need for any other “blends”

1 Like

@terpenescali

http://www.Terpenescali.com

3 Likes

@Cannassuer :arrow_up: is the other terps I was talking about. I’ll be giving them a try soon

2 Likes

Agreed with all above it’s most likely your syringe causing the streaks. Either the lube or the rubber stopper degrading after measuring your “terps”.

Two more notes, as everyone said stay away from any kind of liquifier you should only need 8-10% hemp terps and don’t mix so hot 200-250f is excessive IMO

Edit: https://cart.farm/shop/terps/elektra/ for your terps :ok_hand:

1 Like

glass syringes may help as well

1 Like

I used a separate plastic pipette for the “terps” not syringes for that just wanna note.
Only time syringes were used was upon taking the warm mixed distillate out of the glass vial
I mixed it in.
Still new to this but why are some places calling them essential oils instead of terpenes?