Please help! New to making Distillate Carts, help w cloudy streaks

Never heard of 760Glass ever previously & now this is like the fourth time in a month…

:thinking:

@qma @stoopkid

Make Dispensary Grade Cartridges at Home! Mixing Vape Carts with Distillate and Terpenes in 2020! - YouTube this video recommends the power slug and those terpenes

I watched this video and also was influenced to get the powerslug and those terps

the powerslug looks and feels premium but I haven’t used it yet and dont want to use the teprs as im looking cannabis derived terps now.

Use glass syringes for terpenes, terpenes will deterioate plastic

The bank

6 Likes

if the liquid was clear before pulling up in the syringe I’d bet on this^^^^ I was fighting w it forever

2 Likes

It was. It looked great up until it was deposited in the cart then after I did the rest i went back to look at them and noticed the streaks. Sucks cause i just wasted all the distillate.

1 Like

try warming the cart up w bic lighter see if it goes away

also usually this only happens on the last cart for me outta the syringe. so if its 12ml syringes the last one would be the worst

I only say this assuming u had it mixed up good and u couldn’t see swirls in the liquid before loading

1 Like

The syringes were 3ml. I did all six, one at a time. Used one syringe to fill 3 and another to fill the other 3. They were all individual fills tho cause the glass vials were pretty tiny I was using.
It prob broke that syringe lube down more each fill and dispense I did with them.

Looking at that brand it is definitely silicone oil. It’s applied to the inside of the plunger to act as a lubricant in disposable medical syringes. This can easily be avoided by paying a few cents more per unit and buying silicone oil-free models or just upgrading to a glass-on-glass syringe and cleaning it between uses.

1 Like

Glass on glass is the way to go :+1: these are like 2 for $20 on Amazon I think. And you can grab the Tinys with low MOQ from www.cart.farm

5 Likes

When my gf’s gramps recently passed, he was 94 so he lived a good life, I got to snag this one.

Things gotta be like 50 years old at least.

Definitely pick up a glass syringe @Cannassuer, no more streaks.

5 Likes

I’ve made over 7500 carts, and 500 darts. I only use bd brand plastic syringes to pull Terps out of the bottle, and to fill carts and darts. I’ve never had any cloudy streaks or issues.

1 Like

Terps can eat the shit out of those black rubber plungers in those syringes. First time I tried making a cart I used one, saw the same exact streaking, tossed it and got a glass syringe with a metal plunger

3 Likes

This is why after I draw up the needed volume of Terps and use it, I keep the 2 syringe parts seperate in the terp baggie. Each terp bottle has it’s own baggie, own terp syringe, and own filling syringe.

I tried to keep the same syringe for few to use w terps, the black literally fell apart and would be floating in the liquid. had to abandon that fast

2 Likes

Ive seen the plungers swell and get stuck inside the syringe

Glass syringe ftw

1 Like

Gotta remember terps are a SOLVENT…like some folks already said…eats through rubbers, plastic, silicone, etc…but usually takes a while for that to happen (not in 1 hour)…lots of other variables involved though…could be that liquify stuff…maybe something is in it. Even if it was clear doesnt mean its good. Your better off using pure cannabis terpenes and if you cant find them you can use pure hemp terpenes. (usually much cheaper) If the distillate is good when its raw…it will be good with hemp terpenes. Its a myth that you need some liquify mix…real terpenes will break it down w/o much heat at all. Id recommend gently warm it just enough to get like a thinner honey consistency then take it off the heat…terpenes are very sensitive to heat. They will evaporate in high temps…ok so were off the heat…now drop your drops in and gently stir. *its best to have your teprenes at room temp at this point…if theyre cold it will start to gell the dist in like a ball vs mixing in…but if your terps are room temp, distillate is warm…just gently mix it all in…you don’t need to heat it up so much. *if you have pure terpenes…oh yea IF THEY ARENT PURE CANNABIS OR PURE HEMP TERPENES theyre no good imho.
…ive noticed especially with real hemp terpenes, some can have trace amounts of cannabinoids in them. Had some hemp terpenes that were pretty good but after 3months in the freezer tiny granules of cbd isolate or other cannabinoids in them. That could make it cloudy also… Really depends on the terpenes though, how it was extracted etc.
Hope this helps you and anyone else that may be high enough to have read this far…gotta remember Golden Rule is the best way to operate. This is a really cool community, im gonna jump on here a little more often.

https://future4200.com/search?q=Homogenize

You will find that you should liquify your mix to get a homogeneous mixture

Terpenes evaporate and degrade with time and heat

Some of those PG infused natural terpene mixes I noticed will leave those streaks and clouds if not heated properly when mixing.

Ah and also some of them have shit in them that will cause it regardless. Syringe oils cause it too. I hate carts.

1 Like

Exactly.

Although after agreeing with @Gog, I went and looked at the terpenes OP used, and they don’t look quite as sketchy as the label makes them appear.

They probably don’t contain anything other that terpenes…

So I’m leaning towards “syringe schmutz” again.

@Cannassuer it is also a formal possibility that the streaks are simply a simply a sign of failure to homogenize properly.

I think it’s very unlikely in your case, because the carts look too similar to each other (argues against poor mixing), but it bares mentioning for folks who find themselves here with similar symptoms.

3 Likes