BHO processing

I’m very new to this, and I have been going through many (very helpful, and a few useless) threats. I am an experienced biochemist and grower, but I am not experienced with extraction and the processes after.
So I started to extract my trim and popcorns, but the person that was processing what I extracted (telling me how experienced he is doing that and probably had no idea).
I’m a biochemist, but I am not experienced in this field of extraction, but I have been getting a decent product, but I don’t know how I should treat my product that go into the AI. I do know that I should have done research (hate the word because it is not appreciate in this field), but didn’t because I was counting a a partnership with someone (Yeah, dumb girl. I get it). Can you guys please tag some valuable reading material? Valuable things about oven temps, vac pressures, and times… also excuse my language. I am not American.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, I also studied biochemistry, I have analytical experience but not as much extraction experience. Do you need help understanding the general process or specific parts? To get the best help tell us what system you are using, input material, what you are getting on the output? Pictures are very helpful.

Do you mean your across international oven?

Yes I do. sorry.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I’m good on the extraction process, but I am not very confident with the processes following extraction. My biggest issue so far has been trying to figure out the agitation frequency, temperature and vacuum intensity, and the lengths each. I know it depends on what I am running, and I don’t want a definite answer, I am just looking for valuable literature.

1 Like

Those are my three spoons

3 Likes

Look in the vacuum I’ve temperature thread I just posted.

What is your end goal here? Sugar, diamonds, crumble, shatter, badder?

thank you so much. That is really helpful <3
I have been searching and looking for a lot of reading material, but I feel like I’m getting a lot of responses that contradict each other, so I really appreciate to get links for reading material that doesn’t. thank you again. I really appreciate it.

You mentioned agitation which is used in the honeycomb and crumble tek Researching honeycomb/crumble teks

Shatter requires zero agitation just purging of both sides at a high enough vacuum for a long enough period of time as opposed to crumble and honeycomb which require less time and vacuum but more heat. Badder and oil are basically the same imo and are worthless.

Will get you to diamonds and sauce.

Not really an end goal. It always depends on my starting product. If I start with fresh frozen nug, then mostly diamonds, and I think I’m doing fairly good with them, but I’m not very confident with my technique to get shatter and badder yet.

Aim for shatter imo. I’m not a market dealer or a dealer at all I’m purely hobbyist for my own personal use. But from what I’ve noticed in the market is that badder is garbage product and the market will always lean towards diamonds especially hplc diamonds.

I’m actually doing an acetone dry ice mix, and I push with nitrogen. I’m actually pretty confident with that process, I’m more worried about the process after emptying my collection tank.

2 Likes

Actually, funny you tagged the honeycomb one. I have gone through that part of the forum earlier.

The pour up? Just make sure your stuff looks like beans and gravy while you’re pouring out onto parchment and you’re fine.

1 Like

How is badder garbage? Its one of the top selling items in many state dispensary’s

3 Likes

If you mean crumble then I understand. But batter is always the lousiest way to dab. Falls off the dabber too quick I always end up just pressing it in an unheated press to make it flat to dab easier

Shatter is easy to dab and so is crumble cause you can break it easier and dose easier as opposed to oils and badders which are near impossible to get on the nail.

No i mean badder, it sells very fast and is very popular on both sides of the fence. It being runny means theres more terps than crumble, shatter etc. that in no way implies its garbage just because the texture doesnt work for whatever rig you have. Im talking numbers and seeing it move, garbage doesn’t move but maybe once

14 Likes