Flipping slabs

Hey guys, I’m wondering if any of you out there would be willing to share some tech-tips on how to flip slabs without making a mess. I’m pretty new at this, and most tutorials/articles just say “flip the slab”…turns out that’s trickier than it sounds

3 Likes

This is a gold standard

There’s also this whole page of tricks and tips

Search Bar is your best friend please use it next time. Welcome to F2000 :grinning:

10 Likes

Thanks for the link! I’ve watched most of his related videos, including that one, though my shatter isn’t nearly that stable after 24hr. I will continue my search through the f2000 archives

1 Like

I used to have a problem with unstable slabs. I would lay another sheet on top of the slab, flip it over, throw it in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then quickly pull off the original paper, leaving it flipped over on the new paper. I have since found ways to get my product more stable so flipping has been much easier.

Hope that helps

4 Likes

Will definitely give this a shot. Thanks for the help

1 Like

no problem man! if its still stubborn leave it in the freezer a little longer!

3 Likes

Band-aid tek, bro. Rip it off real quick like a band-aid.

5 Likes

Edge of a counter top works great

5 Likes

Rolling pin works well

2 Likes

stick a baking tray in the freezer for half hour before the flip, put the slab on it for a min or so …

Edit: in fact I think it was someone on here that suggested that to me on the day.

2 Likes

ill be honest here too … when i poured my very first run and was prepping for the flip, the look of the slab was so watery/gooey looking that I started to panic that I’d make a mess of the flip … but its kinda an illusion, it looks wet, but is just real shiny :wink:

Holy hell, I did not anticipate this many responses. This place rocks. Thanks guys, I’ll post an update on how it goes tomorrow

1 Like

Deleted cos i’m a soon to be unemployed dumbass lol

Deleted cos i’m a soon to be unemployed double dumbass lol

1 Like

oops wrong topic … sorry

Bad news guys, didn’t go great. Is my first slab, however

5 Likes

Kinda reminds me of my first omelette lol :hugs:

4 Likes

Flipping slabs is so 2015. I never flip and never have a issue passing ppm testing.

5 Likes

Really?? What changed between now and 2015?

When the slab is face down ready to be transfered, if it’s sappy and you already did the brett maverick “edge it like a crispy tollar tek” further go on to use a credit card and gently try to get it to show that it’s exiting the parchment. Then freeze for 2 mins then try the bandaid quick peel tek. Your slab should be loose enough to peel. Carding like you’re removing air bubbles worked really well for me the times my runs were sappy. Then again that was always eho