Best way to decarb live resin

I did say that. Did you just really want to give that long winded response?

That statement isn’t clear to me. I don’t know what to tell you.

Have you had mason jar lids pop off or deform from the pressure?

When they are sealed too tightly by someone else and I usually release them to prevent it. I’m aware of what’s happening and how to mitigate it. But, I also can’t justify having multiple sizes of mantles and rbf to fit the wide range of batch sizes that I currently have. And the space to store them, as well. And something else that requires more time to clean.

Look on the bright side, our decarb units have gone from hot hash in the face to leave a good looking corpse in recent days.

4 Likes

What are your yields looking like with that?

Dead! :joy::skull::joy: That killed me. (Thankfully not literally, yet. Damn recirculating heater and bad welds are trying to be the death of me!)

1 Like

Of thca to thc. Minus 13% - /+. Roughly a 17-20g loss, most likely.

Has anyone used c cell listo disposable before?
They full gram,i tried a few they look well made but a few people saying that they dont produce enough vapor
Is this a thing with all disposable (people coming from regular cartridges are more likely to say that)

1 Like

The bottom cap looks broken :stuck_out_tongue:

We have huge vapors disposable, it is bigger vapor than carts

Ccell is professional on the metal cartridges, but doesn’t have big advantage on the disposable product. I believe other manufacturers also have nice disposable, and the price is better.

If you want a big cloud, recommend you try our preheat disposable. It works well with live resin, the special ceramic structure can deliver pure taste forever!

1 Like

Very good chance it was, halfway through me smoking like rolling it in the middle of the highway and having a better chance making it. I’m pretty rough on carts doing construction during most days

1 Like

Hey guys
So i just centrifuged some sugar
Separation was very good and i was able to do that with some 25 micron rosin bags since my frited tubes are still on the way
Out of 15 g sugar i got 10 g thca and 5 g sauce
I Decarbed thca in 250 f over 2.5 hours until bubbles stopped,and the oil got clear
But once i removed it from heat and agitated with mu dab tool it white and thick resembling a white concentrate thats not clear
Now that is cold its hard as a rock
Is this normal and once i heat it again to mix it back with sauce is it gonna be transparent when i fill the carts since its going to be a small amount
I would gladly appreciate if any of you can help me!
Thank you again for all the knowledge that you post here!

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like you only achieved a partial decarb. Adding the terps back will help, but if you want to be sure you’ll likely need to decarb your product a bit longer. Use a bright backlight so you can see the very small streams of bubbles that are rising from the material.

If you use a standard household oven and didn’t check the temperature of your solution directly you could’ve been only heating the solution to as little as 200°F(25° oven variation plus the insulating effects of the container) which would require you to decarb for a longer period of time.

Best of luck. In the future weigh the container with the material in it before you begin the decarb and again when you think you’ve finished, before touching it with tools. If you’ve completed your decarb you will have 12% less material; in your case around 9gs.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

@CuriousChemist22 is likely correct. It looks like you didn’t achieve a full decarb. I try to go to 1%thca. Your looking for water clear distillate consistency and no turbidity. It should clarify. Near the end of decarbing, Look for tiny micro bubbles and as their formations reduce you will get closer to a full decarb. When your in this stage it is highly recommended not to walk away, I learned this the hard way lol :joy:

I would also suggest adding your terps back into the decarbed thc before it comes back to room temperature, this will avoid degradation, I add em back just before the oil wants to stick to the sides of the decarb container, about 130-140f

Good luck

6 Likes

Thank you ! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Should i use a homogenizer to mix the terps back or mixing with a hot plate is enough? :thinking: