Decarb under pressure to retain terps?

So I did a hotplate with a stirring bar at 70C until the water and ethanol were gone prior to the decarb. I’m still going to loose some of the lightest fraction terpenes this way but this was a proof of concept run more than anything. The terpenes are essentially a solvent and in some cases need to be treated as such but the plastics used in these are pretty inert. I think the only food that would degrade this plastic is acetic acid. The inside of the pouch showed no signs of degradation and didn’t smell plasticy which you’d expect if it had been attacked.

-Eskander

5 Likes

So these guys think they have a defensible patent and have trademarked the term 'Total Spectrum"

More like total rectum…

:roll_eyes::shushing_face:

2 Likes

Copying Apple except the Y in LACy doesn’t stand for anything.

1 Like

it’s chamber y :joy:
where are chambers a-x?

2 Likes

sous vide for the win AGAIN!!

2 Likes

Remember boys and girls, PRV can also vent hash…and 100C hash in the face is not a great look

Always wear ppe

Edit: And go back upstream and read about why headspace is important. We got cocky here and overfilled the container.

28 Likes

I tried the jar decarb but centrifuging off the terps and doing it separately is much much better and doesn’t volatilize anything

2 Likes

oh damn good thing you got that cleanable wall covering there!

4 Likes

Is that a co2 machine? Why does it have a winch?

I’ve never seen a lab that doesn’t have hash stains on the wall xD

9 Likes

18 Likes

and on the ceiling…

5 Likes

Nice color this heated hash

3 Likes

Looks great in a cart. Loads and burns well. Last batch tasted good enough to be dangerous (don’t lick the spoon, nor walls/windows…fully decarbed and good enough to eat!)

4 Likes

Always lick the spoon! And then make sure you get a full spoon in the morning!

2 Likes

Fully decarbed it looks a lot like this (previous batch with similar color):

That batch had only been going for about 5 hours, so probably no more than 30% decarbed. What’s in the pictures above looks just like what I poured out this afternoon after full decarb.

@G_Boe, it was definitely on the ceiling, too.

@Dannywarbucks, proper cleanable walls were requested during the build out, but alas, it was one of the only bits not provided in this amazing lab. Maybe this will help encourage eventual, minor renovation to make that correction.

16 Likes

damn… that looks amazing. You decarb under pressure? which solvent used for this extraction. thanks

1 Like

Thank you.

Yes, we decarb under pressure, and we’re using 70/30 (butane/propane) as our solvent of choice.

4 Likes

Great! and decarb in something similar to a miner like cyclo?, max psi?
i the past i have a crazy idea to put some crude in a pipebomb inside a pressure cooker… :sweat_smile: haha

1 Like

Do you notice a difference between decarbing with the terps or spinning them off the thca and decarbing seperate?

1 Like