Most Affordable Small Scale Cart Tek

Yall are such a good influence, the prv valve will be used - what PSI would you all get? It seems the triclamp bases and clamps can hold crazy pressure - that said obviously i’m only working with small amounts of material. I can’t imagine a situation in which anything above like 75 psi should occur and I also think that should provide plenty of room for safety.

Thanks again everyone - Peace - Will be assembling materials and posting an update ASAP

You’ll want your PRV to be lower than your stated vessel ratings, obviously. I don’t like to take any vessel past 150 psi regardless of the rating, but the setting on your PRV will influence how much you can cook at a time. Our decarber PRVs are set at 225psi and the vessels are rated for 250. I start getting the heebie jeebies above 150. That’s a lot of energy behind that steel.

3 Likes

To piggy back off of @Dannywarbucks … I’m sure it’s been discussed but going through the theoretical calculations with regards to your vessel’s pressure rating, how much input material you’re working with and your set PRV rating are important. Although the PRV is there as a safety measure… if it does activate, that is not only CO2 off gassing but gaseous terpenes. Do the math and don’t lose them terps

2 Likes

For decarb under pressure a 6" diamond miner is good for about 200g of BHO or rosin.

Put a 125 prv in there for safety.

Pick up a cheap rotary vane two stage pump, some fittings and a hose. From there you need an oven. Then you can basically follow the steps laid out in aforementioned threads.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the feedback.

Here is what I have been able to find a source for:

1. Tri-Clamp Base Welded Bottom Base - BVV had a 4x4 for like 50 Dollars - As mentioned elsewhere larger sizes would allow for more starting material. I am not in a situation where I would need to process any more than a half ounce at a time.

2. 4" Tri-Clamp Top with Two 1/4"-18 FNPT - ~40 from BVV

3. 4" High Pressure Clamp - 20 Dollars

4. Tri-Clamp gaskets - Various qualities were available with some featuring specs suitable to my ranges for less than 10 Dollars

5. 1/4 MNTP Branch Tee x 1 - Have one already

6. 1/4in MNPT Pressure Release Valve x 1 ~10 Dollars

7. Combination Vac/Pressure Gauge x 1

8. 1/4in MNPT ball valve - Have one already

9. Vac + hose - I have one, it is one stage unfortunately however I have used it previously and got quite a good vac with it.

10. PTFE Tape

You could also Decarb and add then allow it to cool off and terps on hot plate stirrer. and use 10ml Syringes and 14 gauge needles. cheap easy. works

Why?

1 Like

Decarbing temps and terp adding temp/ working are two different temps. After decarbing id think u would want to get the thca under 90c at least before adding terps…

1 Like

Yeah technically if your decarbing under pressure if you open your decarb vessel or mason jar while it’s still hot you loose a large percentage of the terps you where trying to retain. @Thetetraguy taught me this. It’s almost best to put it directly in the fridge after decarb and then bring it back to room temp or Warmer for terp re introducing. A lot of variables like viscosity etc tho that debate wether you can do this or not. Also your terp mixing methods. You can mix terps cold with an ultrasonic cleaner if you have the space and mind capacity to leave it screaming at you for hours

This is almost impossible to perform without a small proton reactor tho considering you have to offgas the co2 to get good results. Meaning you offgass Terps as well.

1 Like

Almost every word you wrote is wook science. You can mix your terps into your oil WHILE you are decarbing. As soon as you are done decarbing, you can start filling. This is all possible using the cart farm decarburetor

6 Likes

@qma I could take your wooks customer service calls for u. I’m merely a reflection of what you taught me lol

You built a mini proton reactor for cart farm and haven’t said anything about it? Has a gauge to release the pressure? 15 psi?

You add a sight glass and a ball valve to a cart farmer and its a reactor.

9 Likes

Considering ur average customers, i would also advice putting a prv on there lol

4 Likes

Always wear your ppe

6 Likes

I remember this…:sweat_smile:

I know to otherwise, but I look at this pic and just wanna lick that wall…… no shrooms were ingested before this comment

what’s a decarburetor?

I’ve seen (on YouTube) folks use tubes with built-in filters in their centrifuge to separate HTE from THCA then decarb and add the/terps back on a hot plate and stir bar.

I really think all this is really over processing for small batch personal carts. I use a magnetic hotplate, coffee warmer, and some glass syringes to make awesome carts from bho, distillate, etc.

Once the concentrate is warm and flowing on magnetic plate I drop in terps blend and drop temp on the plate not to burn off terps then remove from heat. It can be capped in a jar and put into an oven (food dehydrator) at a low temp to warm for however long for more flavor although I never let them steep but still have great results.

One way of knowing ur process is superior, is trying out other processes and comparing. If u dont see any noticeble improvement from doing extra work, then its simply just extra work.